Desktop for normal usage @ 27k (Would Upgrade Next Month)

Samm

Disciple
Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

Keyboard and mouse =| Logitech PS2

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

Keyboard and mouse if it can work with the new build.

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

CPU - Amd A8-3850

Motherboard - I have no idea about that.

GPU - As am low on bucks, so would get that next month.

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

Dedicated Graphics Card

RAM- Maybe.

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Delhi

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Gaming (Not hardcore just for recreation).

Browsing (This I do a lot.)

Desktop Processing (Normal Word Processing.)

HTPC (I Love Music, not really into movies)

Download rig, 24x7 operation (Once in a while)

Watching HD movies (Once in a week).

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

I just bother reliability and durability. But, I do like CM when it comes to Cabinets :]

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

GTA 4-5 (I will upgrade the GPU so its fine if its ignored at this time.)

Racing - Grid, NFS etc

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

Gaming - 1280x728 or 1920x1080 after I buy a dedicated GPU

Desktop - 1920x1080

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 64 bit

Linux- I would be trying different distros be it Mint, Ubuntu or OpenSuse.

Note: I am a normal PC user, I just get 2 hours in a day two spend on computer and I do have a laptop which I use primarily right now. My previous computer was P4 and it died as I was not using it and it sucks to use Laptop as a download machine. I am not awfully in really in need of the new computer but, if my requirements are a bit too much for the PC am looking for, then I would wait for a month.

CPU-Intel i3 2100-6.5k

Mobo-Intel DH67BH-B3-5.6K

Ram-Corsair xms3 2X2gb-1.5k or Gskill ripjaws X 2X2gb-1.6k

Gpu-As you are going to get it next month,you can have a look at new AMD HD7XXX series.

PSU-Seasonic s12ii 520w-3.6k or Corsair gs600-4k

Case-Nzxt gamma-2.1k

Hope this helps.

Intel Core i3 2100 ~ 6200/- OR Intel Core i5 2320 ~ 9500/- [a true-quad core against the Core i3's dual core, Hyper thread strategy]

Intel DH67-BL ~ 5800/- OR MSi H67MA-E35 ~ 4800/-

G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x 1 module 1600MHz [you really don't RIPJAWS X OR those other fancy RAM kits, here is why -- http://www.anandtech.com/show/4503/sandy-bridge-memory-scaling-choosing-the-best-ddr3] ~ 1650/-

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I think we confirmed what we pretty much knew all along: Sandy Bridge's improved memory controller has all but eliminated the need for extreme memory bandwidth, at least for this architecture. It's only when you get down to DDR3-1333 that you see a minor performance penalty. The sweet spot appears to be at DDR3-1600, where you will see a minor performance increase over DDR3-1333 with only a slight increase in cost. The performance increase gained by going up to DDR3-1866 or DDR3-2133 isn't nearly as pronounced.[/font]

Seasonic S12II 620W ~ 4600/- [as you'll add a beefy GPU later]

NZXT Gamma ~ 2300/- OR NZXT Source Elite 210 ~ 2100/- [in case you don't like the Gamma's unorthodox looks]

Hope this helps, Sire. Cheers!!

Back