Budget 51-70k Desktop for Photoshop

Ana_Bang

Recruit
  1. What is your budget?
    • 70 K (including monitor, OS)
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • None
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • None
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU: Intel Core i5 4570
    • Mobo: ASRock B87-PRO4
    • RAM Corsair DDR3 4 GB(2 x 4GB) PC RAM
    • SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB
    • HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
    • Case: Cooler Master K281 Mid Tower Cabinet
    • Corsair VS550 550 Watt PSU
    • Samsung SH-224DB/IDDS DVD Burner
    • Monitor- Dell S2340L 23 inch Monitor
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Maybe I will put a graphics card
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Bangalore
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Mainly for usage of Photoshop and Lightroom (only as a hobby, not for professional usage)
    • Browsing, desktop processing etc (already have multiple laptops for this)
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Prefers intel processors
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • None
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    • 1920 x 1080 shortlisted now assuming it is good enough for photoshop
  1. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  1. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 8 64 bit
    • Linux – Ubuntu (planning dual boot at a later stage)
This is the first time I am trying to build a desktop. Please provide your suggestions on the above spec. Also please let me know if I have chosen anything which is not compatible with other components

Can you clarify the purpose of the system? What is going to be the main usage? Will you be gaming on it? 70k is too big a budget for casual image edition when you have multiple laptops already available.

The purpose is to use photoshop... I am not a gamer
the laptops I have are for business use and I cannot install photoshop there
I wanted a system with 8GB RAM (recommended for photoshop) and SSD to speedup the system and enough memory to store lot of images
considering these I don't find any area where I can reduce the cost except for the processor and motherboard. I wanted these to be futureproof as I am planning use this for 5+ years
As you rightly said the budget looks high for me but could not find any area to reduce cost
Also please note that budget includes around 20 K for monitor, windows 8.1, keyboard, mouse etc
Any suggestions to reduce cost will be of great help. Also please validate the component selection

i5 4570 (14000)
Asus B85M-G (6800)
Kingston hyperX Blu 1600 MHz 4 GB x2 (4700)
Seagate Barracuda 2 TB (6100)
Seasonic S12II 430 W (3600)
Corsair 300R (4500)
Dell S2240l (9000)
Logitech MK200 (800)
Asus optical drive (1050)
Windows 8 Pro (10000)

total: ~60k

Thank you for the suggestions. I see mainly the following differences
- You haven't included SSD - Are you suggesting this is not required?
- You are suggesting Corsair 300R (4500). Is this better than Cooler Master K281 Mid Tower Cabinet which is available for 3500 online?
- Is the difference between 2240L and 2340L only in screen size (i don't see anything else when I compare them in flipkart)? If yes, I will go for this

Thank you for the suggestions. I see mainly the following differences
- You haven't included SSD - Are you suggesting this is not required?
- You are suggesting Corsair 300R (4500). Is this better than Cooler Master K281 Mid Tower Cabinet which is available for 3500 online?
- Is the difference between 2240L and 2340L only in screen size (i don't see anything else when I compare them in flipkart)? If yes, I will go for this

> 300R is much better than CM k281. Cheap CM cabinets are crap.

> SSD isn't needed for what you intend to use the PC for IMHO. PS will run smooth in 8 GB RAM.

> S2240l is a 22.5" monitor whereas S2340L is a 23.5' monitor. there is no difference apart from screen size.

Before buying online, do get a quite form local shops.

Back