Budget 0-20k Desktop for programming (visual basic) and office use

I need help for assembling whole desktop and i will be requiring 4 desktops with same configuration .
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Non
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Non
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
    • Ram - Corsair or Gskill 4GB 1600MHZ
    • PSU - If budget permits.
    • Harddrive - Minimum 80GB WD or Seagate
    • Cabinet - Any
    • DVDROM - Any
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes,May be
    • SMPS - 600W
    • Cabinet - CM XXX
    • RAM - 2X4GB PC8500
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • Visual Basic 2013
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No idea and no comments
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Strategy - Civilization 4
    • Racing - Grid at medium to high settings
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1280x728
    2. Desktop - 1440x900
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • Yes if situation arises
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit
Processor- Intel preferred
Mobo - Any
Ram - Skill or corsair 4 gb 1600mhz
cabinet- any decent
Monitor - 18 or 19 inch of any decent company
Keyboard mouse - wired logitech preferred
PSU - Not important, but if it can be squeezed in this budget then I'm open for suggestions.
Location - Mumbai
Budget- strictly under Rs. 20000
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I just want the configuration for a new desktop for programming and office use only so why do i need the whole template to filled and used. I need this configuration fast because i m starting my own IT firm . So please help regardless of whats done or not done.

I just want the configuration for a new desktop for programming and office use only so why do i need the whole template to filled and used. I need this configuration fast because i m starting my own IT firm . So please help regardless of whats done or not done.

Still fill the questionnaire. Don't be lazy.

20k is too low a budget for a complete PC including monitor.

i3 3220 (7300)
Gigabyte GA-H61M-S1 (3000)
EVM 4 GB 1333 MHz RAM (2150)
WD Blue 500 GB (3200)
local cabinet with PSU (1100)
Logitech MK200 (750)
Dell E1912H (5300)

total: 22,800

Get Intel G2020 if you want it absolutely within 20k.

what about i3 3210 at 6800 on flipkart
and how much is the performance difference between g2020 and i3 3220
hard drive with low space is also fine , so how much low i can go on HDD
An d i would like to have RAM with 1600MHZ

And Whats the difference between Intel 3.4 GHz LGA 1150 Core i7-4770 vs Intel 3.5 GHz LGA 1150 Core i7-4770K
we also want to setup server for creating 10 session of visual studio for 10 desktop
please provide the configuration for the same
budget- Rs. 50000[DOUBLEPOST=1390722991][/DOUBLEPOST]Whats the difference between Intel 3.4 GHz LGA 1150 Core i7-4770 vs Intel 3.5 GHz LGA 1150 Core i7-4770K

Last edited:
And Whats the difference between Intel 3.4 GHz LGA 1150 Core i7-4770 vs Intel 3.5 GHz LGA 1150 Core i7-4770K
we also want to setup server for creating 10 session of visual studio for 10 desktop
please provide the configuration for the same
budget- Rs. 50000[DOUBLEPOST=1390722991][/DOUBLEPOST]Whats the difference between Intel 3.4 GHz LGA 1150 Core i7-4770 vs Intel 3.5 GHz LGA 1150 Core i7-4770K

> i7 4470 is locked (Cannot be overclocked) and 4770k in unlocked (can be overclocked). But any i7 is way out of your budget.

> For 50k:

Intel Xeon E1230 V2 (16540)
ASUS P8B75-V (7200)
Asus GT630 (4700)
Kingston hyperX blu 1600 MHz 4 GB x4 (9600)
WD Blue 1 TB (4000)
Antec VP550 (3700)
NZXT Gamma (2400)

total:48k
Do you also want peripherals for this?

How much should be the budget for decent i7 server and will it be worth it and also please provide the configuration for the same?
Do i need 16gb of ram ?
and do i need Graphic card whereas i7 4770K has integrated GPU
Thanks for your reply earlier

Last edited:
How much should be the budget for decent i7 server and will it be worth it and also please provide the configuration for the same?
Do i need 16gb of ram ?
and do i need Graphic card whereas i7 4770K has integrated GPU
Thanks for your reply earlier

> A Xeon is more powerful than a consumer grade i7. It will be much better for your task.

> You don't need with an i7 but as a Xeon (most of them) does not have IGP, I had to include a 630 in it.

Since the server will run 14+ hrs a day, get a better psu for the server. instead of the antec VP 550 get seasonic s12 II 450. Its much better in quality. You don't need a gfx card for the server since a server can be controlled from another machine too.
Seasonic price is around 6k.

16GB ram for a server looks a bit little. Get 2x 8Gb sticks for now and if performance is still slow get another 2x8Gb sticks.
You might need an extra LAN card too I think.

If you want to build a server, research the market for server boards to pair with the xeon chip. These consumer grade boards do not have dual LAN onboard, and if they do they cost upwards of 15k.

Edit: 450w psu will be more than enough.
Try to get Intel server board s1200v3rps.

Get a quote from these guys after telling them your requirement. I'm not affiliated with or know them. Found them through Google search.
www.intel-servers-workstations.com/#Prodserv

Last edited:
> A Xeon is more powerful than a consumer grade i7. It will be much better for your task.
A Xeon has the same architecture as an i7, so performance will be the same. The v2 Xeon mentioned above is Ivy bridge based, so will actually be a bit slower than a Haswell i7. The main difference is that the Xeons support ECC RAM.

You will want to avoid the i7 'K' variants though since they do not support VT-d.

Last edited:
A Xeon has the same architecture as an i7, so performance will be the same. The v2 Xeon mentioned above is Ivy bridge based, so will actually be a bit slower than a Haswell i7. The main difference is that the Xeons support ECC RAM.

You will want to avoid the i7 'K' variants though since they do not support VT-d.
even with non k cpus, it looks like we must have have compatible motherboards such as motherbords based on q77 chipset in order to utilize vt-d.

Back