Budget 21-30k Desktop PC for CAD software

hyblol

Disciple
Questions
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
At the moment, I'm using a Sony Vaio VPCC23EN which is 3.5 years old.
  1. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Have nothing, will be going in for a new desktop pc.

1. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
As of now, I have been suggested to go in for a PC with good processing speed and minimal graphics. Nonetheless, I would prefer an Intel based processor with any reliable motherboard and graphics card according to my requirements.
  1. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component.
Dont think I would be adding any upgrades in the near future.
  1. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Local Dealer in Pune, OR
    • Open to online purchase
  2. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  3. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Business Use, mainly using a CAD software for designing.
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
  4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
None really.
  1. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing.
Wont be playing any games on this.
  1. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Desktop - 1440x900
  2. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  3. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 or 8

For autocad, you *have* to get a quadro. Everything else pretty much sucks terribly. Get whatever quadro that fits your budget.

For autocad, you *have* to get a quadro. Everything else pretty much sucks terribly. Get whatever quadro that fits your budget.

Err .... surely there "must" be a workaround solution..... OP's budget is 25k

The cheapest quadro 600 costs around 10k [lower versions of quadro are useless in todays scenario as compared to nvidia or amd gpu options]. In fact AMD Firepro V4800 is a better option ~ 8499 - (though I am not sure CAD-wise is it ok).

^^They are probably useless for anything other than pro apps, but then the OP isn't looking for a gaming system anyway. Fire pros are no good for autocad. Quadros are much better optimized for that app.

Also for cad, accuracy matters more than speed. That is where the quadro cards excel.

Proc : Intel G2010 ~ 3450 [ launched in Q1'13]
Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3M ~ 4199 [cheapest quality mobo with max features]
RAM : Corsair Value Select DDR3 1600Mhz ( 1 x 4GB ) ~ 1911 [add one more for a total of 8GB]
PSU : Antec VP 450 ~ 2600
Cabinet : Antec X1 Gaming ~ 2450 [no usb 3.0] add 2 additional 120mm fans to improve air-flow & cooling
Total = 14610
HDD - look out for deals from TE's market
Monitor Chose from here - non HD and smaller screen size LED monitors start from 5k
This is the cheapest Full HD IPS panel LED Monitor - AOC ~ 8350

GPU as suggested above the Quadro 600

Cheers
Terry

Back