PC Peripherals Desktop repair in Bangalore

HellSlyne

Adept
Hi,

I have a desktop lying around idle for around six months. I stay at BTM, South Bangalore.
Know any reliable place to repair it?

Regards,
Sajit

Most likely processor. I gave it to a local repair guy who made me buy a PSU, then a motherboard and finally said that it was the processor. I don't think I was duped since I bought the motherboard and PSU myself. The guy was probably no good and didn't know shit.

After that I moved. The system is still packed. If I remember correctly, the problem was it would not turn on. The motherboard lit green and no display. May be, I'll give a try again this week. Another problem is that the local guy had removed processor from its seating and it was not installed back - I mean thermal compound was not reapplied. Do I risk blowing stuff up without thermal compound?

You don't need thermal compound to just test run it, or even run it for a few hours. Just install the heat sink as it is for some ventilation.

Also, list down your specifications.

Processors can't be repaired only replaced. Since the 3200 or rather AM2 processors are EOL not sure if you'll get a replacement i.e. if its still in warranty. Are the fans spinning? Any beeps? If there's no display, it could just be the GPU.

Back