Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Official announcement trailer by Square Enix.

So pumped up for this. Looks like preorders are already up on Square Enix's site.

Going to track this game real hard.

Last edited:
The last game was pretty good, fell off a bit towards the end though. The gameplay will probably be decent, hope they tighten up the writing.

HR was the last game for me that felt like the devs really cared about their project, can't wait to unlock the pacifist achievement on this one and hack all the terminals ofc :)
Just hope the boss battles aren't outsourced this time which were the only weak parts imo.

I enjoyed Human Revolution a lot. The whole intricate plot alongside the futuristic world combined with a superb soundtrack was really amazing. I'm glad they retained Jensen on this one. Hope they don't mess it up.

2 unforgettable themes from Human Revolution:

Reviews are out.

Reviews
Destructoid - Chris Carter - 8 / 10.0

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided doesn't succeed in making me care about the plight of humans and augs, but it still pulled me into its compelling cloak-and-dagger world where people in capes can turn invisible and shoot balls of lightning out of their arm. Oh, and your aug doctor looks just like Prince, so it's in the running for GOTY.

Forbes - Paul Tassi - 8 / 10.0

If you’re a fan of the first game, I certainly recommend this one as well. But in a competitive season, it’s hard to see Mankind Divided being as impactful or memorable as Deus Ex’s reassurance five years ago.

Game Informer - Andrew Reiner - 7 / 10.0

A reflection of our world today, but it ends up a little too long winded and the narrative sometimes slows the experience to a crawl

GameWatcher - Chris Capel - 9.5 / 10.0

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is an amazing game and a worthy fourth entry in arguably the best videogame series of all time. It took me 30 hours to finish it and I loved all of it.

GamingTrend - Ron Burke - 85 / 100

I imagine the Internet will be abuzz with discussion on the “Mechanical Apartheid” issue, debating whether it was offensive, or if Eidos Montreal did enough to warrant the comparison, but aside from that, there is a very solid effort here. The new augments combined with better level design makes exploration more satisfying, and the little upgrades to hacking make that whole system more tense. While it’s over a little too soon, if you enjoyed Human Revolution, there is a lot to like here.

GBAtemp - Tom Bond - 9 / 10.0

Overall, Deus Ex Mankind Divided is a worthy successor. The gameplay is near-perfect, the story has wonderful twists and turns throughout and despite some occasional graphical issues still manages to look great. If you're a fan of the Deus Ex universe, then I absolutely recommend you pick this up.

Hardcore Gamer - Adam Beck - 3 / 5.0

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is the epitome of the phrase, one step forward, two steps back.

High-Def Digest - Brian Hoss - 4.5 / 5 stars

As a game, 'Deus Ex: Mankind Divided' has the power to draw me in. That's a power seldom seen at this level, where rebellious heroes and evil organizations are a dime a dozen. With enveloping gameplay, a stimulating story, a signature art style, an excellent soundtrack, and the spin-off-worthy Breach Mode, 'Mankind Divided' is well worth the time and expenditure.

IBTimes UK - Jake Tucker - 4.5 / 5 stars

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided doesn't reinvent the wheel, nor does it need to. Compelling, tightly paced and most importantly, fun to play, Mankind Divided has created an exquisitely detailed world and now it wants to turn you loose in it. A stronger contender for Game of the Year in a year already filled with great games, what are you waiting for?

PC Invasion - Peter Parrish - 8 / 10

Mankind Divided trades some global breadth for localised depth, setting the majority of its free-approach missions in Prague. The narrative feels closer to home too, thrusting Jensen in with the oppressed augmented masses. It’s a strong sequel, reinforcing the mechanics of player agency and unique world design Deus Ex is famous for, but unresolved plot points do disappoint.

PCWorld - Hayden Dingman - No Verdict

I’m enjoying it. Usually these sorts of nail-my-hands-to-the-mouse-and-WASD review periods are a slog, sitting at a desk ten or more hours a day trying frantically to beat an embargo. But Deus Ex? I’m having a hell of a good time, and I keep looking up only to realize another hour’s gone by while I futzed around with a murder investigation or hacked my fellow officemate’s computers.

PlayStation Universe - Neil Bolt - 9 / 10.0

Mankind Divided is a thoroughly satisfying Action RPG that understands how to make stealth play enjoyable, flexible and challenging. The design of its near-future world is remarkable, and the stories held within it are compelling. The only sour taste here is an ending at odds, and the slightest whiff of over-familiarity.

Push Square - Robert Ramsey - 7 / 10

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is an intricate, intelligent journey through a well crafted cyberpunk world. Eidos Montreal's creation tries its hand at many things, offering an impressive amount of player choice, but it struggles to excel in any one particular area. As a result, we're left with a game that's solid when taken as a whole, but flawed when analysed piece by piece. Still, a great art style, a compelling plot, and a rewarding sense of progression do a lot to bolster the experience, ultimately contributing to a successful sequel.

Rocket Chainsaw - Andrew Cathie - 4.5 / 5 stars

In my eyes, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is a must-buy title for anyone and everyone

The Digital Fix - Rob Kershaw - 8 / 10.0

A polished continuation of an intriguing narrative, Mankind Divided is a familiar, yet enjoyable thirty hours of tech noir.

TheSixthAxis - Dave Irwin - 9 / 10

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is captivating from start to finish, giving players more freedom to make their own choices. Controls are sublime, whether you’re massacring the enemy or avoiding them; with enough tools to make both viable options. The take on a futuristic Prague is unsettling, yet hugely immersive, together with some interesting social commentary. It’s been a long time coming, but Mankind Divided was worth the five year wait.

VideoGamer - Alice Bell - 7 / 10

Mankind Divided hasn't lost the soul of a Deus Ex game, but it doesn't hit the heights it's reaching for.

Xbox Achievements - Dan Webb - 88%

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is an impressive sequel to the brilliant Human Revolution. In the grand scheme of things, there are very few monumental changes, but if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, right? And everything that was broken in Human Revolution? It’s all fixed. Held back from true greatness by the odd grumble here and there, Mankind Divided is worthy of anyone’s time and money.

PC Gamer - Andy Kelly - 88%

A beautiful, smartly designed game set in a gorgeous futuristic city, but with a story that doesn’t quite do it justice.

GameSpot - Edmond Tran - 8 / 10

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided refines and reinforces the defining foundations of the series.

GamesRadar+ - Phil Savage - 4.5 / 5 stars

An excellent sequel that expands your toolbox and offers complex, multifaceted environments to explore.

Eurogamer - Edwin Evans-Thirlwell - Recommended

Deus Ex's mix of shooting and stealth continues to flourish under Eidos Montreal, though the story isn't a match for the setting.

Giant Bomb - Jeff Gerstmann - 4.0 / 5 stars

Adam Jensen's return is largely successful, even if the conspiracy surrounding him could've been a little more engaging.

God is a Geek - Mick Fraser - 9.0 / 10

A solid sequel that comes close to but never quite surpasses its exceptional predecessor, Mankind Divided is nonetheless an essential purchase for fans of stealth and story.

Telegraph - Kirk McKeand - 4.0 / 5 stars

Video game narratives can be great, but nothing will surpass the stories we create in collaboration with a game – emergent, unscripted moments that pop up unplanned and create lasting impressions, and that’s where Mankind Divided excels.

IGN - Vince Ingenito - 9.2 / 10

Layered, intelligent, and impeccably designed, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's gameplay rewards curiosity and creativity.

AYBOnline - Steve Noel - 9.5 / 10

In closing, if you’re a fan of stealth tactics, brutal decision-making, a challenging test of skills, and absolutely loved the previous game, this is an absolute must buy.

So, anyone picking it up at launch? You get the Dota 2 announcer if you preorder.

^I'm gonna pick it up by the end of the month once I receive my 470.
Can't wait to hack all the terminals and unlock the pacifist achievement.

Back