Deve Gowda actually thinks he is great enough to criticise Narayan Murthy!!

Nikhil

Skilled
http://in.rediff.com/money/2005/oct/20murthy.htm

A miffed N R Narayana Murthy, Chairman and Chief Mentor, Infosys Technologies Ltd, has resigned from the chairmanship of the Bangalore International Airport Limited following a remark made by former prime minister H D Deve Gowda.

Deve Gowda had said that the Infosys boss had made no contribution in the last five years to bring the Bangalore International Airport Limited to fruition.

Taking offence to the remark, Narayana Murthy quit as BIAL chairman on Thursday.

Following the letter he sent to the Karnataka Chief Minister Dharam Singh informing his about his decision:

October 20, 2005

Mr Dharam Singh,
Honourable Chief Minister of Karnataka,
Vidhana Soudha
Bangalore - 560 001

Dear Mr Dharam Singh,

The media reports of October 17, 2005 refer to your coalition partner, Mr Deve Gowda, speaking to the press about lack of my contribution to the Bangalore International Airport Limited during the last five years.

I wish he had asked me personally before going to the press, or talked to you or ascertained it from members of the board. I am disappointed that a former prime minister did not accord me this basic courtesy.

I am pained, more so, that leaders in the government like you did not even clarify my role in the company and the work that has been done. I have spent enormous amount of time and energy in interacting with the government in New Delhi and the government here to make this work. The records prove themselves.

Therefore, I am resigning the chairmanship of BIAL effective Thursday, October 20, 2005.

I thank you for giving me this opportunity to serve the people of the state.

Best regards.

Yours sincerely,

N R Narayana Murthy
Chairman and Chief Mentor
Infosys Technologies Ltd

Copy to:
1. Mr. Albert Brunner, CEO, BIAL
2. Members of the Board, BIAL
3. Media

What has Deve Gowda actually done for the country?? Ok. Forget the country. What has he done for his own state??

And he thinks he can actually criticise Narayan Murthy?? He should feel honoured ot juts be in the same room as NRN during the various meetings they have had.

And Deve Gowda has ALWAYS been the main hurdle for urban development since the JD(S) becamne a partner in the coalition govt.

I dont mind paying some t***orist organistaion to kill people like him. People like Deve Gowda who do nothing for the state and just keep talking and shooting off their mouths and creating more and more hurdles. Insulting people who are really noble and have done much muhc more for the country than he ever could dream of.

Just for people who dont know, Deve Gowda has also been protesting the Bangalore Metro Rail. And this after everything has been finalised and it is almost ready to take off.

Why do te**orists kill good, innocent people?? Why not these sort of criminals who deserve death a zillion times over??

Ok .....i dont know how much he's done for the state...but in general all politicians are a real bores...no-one interested to listen to them.

OT:Nikhil why dont u bomb up our politicians instead of the Exatt Office :p

The Only Image of Deve Gowda I have is the "Sleeping Gowda"

I remember seeing zillions of pics of him sleeping in Important Meetings and in Lok Sabha Sessions.

DC.

@The Broker ---- I would do so without a second thought. But no resources. :( And anyway, I am now on Airtel and dont have anything against EXATT anymore.

@DC -- So, you see.... how can an ass who sleeps through all important meetings comment on someone as great as NRN??

hehhe... should I tell you what Narayan Murthy has managed to do at IIM-A? Just check the percentage of the IIT guys at IIM-A before the fugger was made chairman and after that.

He has managed to safely destroy the chances of people who have studied marketing, economics and finance the whole of their lives.

Infact, now IITians are being enrolled into MBA-Finance! Yeah, right!

Back