Budget 31-40k Developer machine for Hackintosh

digitalD

Disciple
Hello friends, I'm looking to setup a new desktop at my home. I'm looking to use the PC to develop apps for iPhone and intend to install Mac OS on it. So, kindly be mindful of the compatible HW components, which suggesting the rig. Other than that, this would be used for Gaming and watching HD movies etc.

Please take a look at the following template and help me identify the best combination for my usage. I haven't been in touch with PC Hardware for a long long time now and hence would totally depend on your suggestions for it.

1. Q: What is your budget?
    1. ~ 40 K

2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    1. none

3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    1. NA

4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    1. Should be an intel based PC

5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    1. Will upgrade from time to time, but need a complete rig for now.
  6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    1. Online
    2. Mumbai Dealers

7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    1. Yes

8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    1. Development/Gaming/HD Movies/HTPC

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    1. No preference

10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    1. Crysis/Call of Duty etc.

11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. No preference

12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    1. No

13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    1. Windows 7/8
    2. Mac OS (Hackintosh)
Thanks.

Hackintosh will never be stable as actual Mac.If you are planning to use it for serious development work then you need to get iMac or Mac mini.

You can install Windows on Mac to play games.

I'm open to use virtual machine instead of hackintosh.. if it doesnt work out well.. I wouldnt go for a mac for it doesnt fit into my budget.. and other than development thing.. it wouldnt be of much use to me.. im a windows person.

I second #suds. Get the cheapest mini at 33 - (10% student discount if you can arrange a student friend). Sell the existing 2GB stick, buy 2 8GB sticks and you are set.

thanks for your suggestions for the hackintosh guys.. can we forget the hackintosh part and suggest a components for a regular windows development machine please?

thanks for your suggestions for the hackintosh guys.. can we forget the hackintosh part and suggest a components for a regular windows development machine please?

What will you be developing, Sire?

Either ways this is what I suggest you go for --

Intel Core i5 2400 ~10500/- OR Intel Core i3 2100 ~6500/-
Intel DH67-BL ~5600/- OR MSi H67MA-E35 ~4900/-
Corsair XMS3 OR G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x1 ~1600/- [add another stick of RAM later ~October -->December]
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 500GB ~4000/- OR buy a second hand hard-drive from TE Market section to save cash here.
AMD HD 6870 OR nVidia GTX 560 ~11900/-
Seasonic S12II 520W ~3700/-
NZXT Gamma ~2600/-
Dell ST2220L ~8500/-
Altec Lansing BXR 1221 ~1000/-
APC BR650VA-IN ~2800/-

I know this overshoots your budget by a long margin but, if you want all capabilities [gaming / HTPC et al] under ~40000/-, it is a really tall order. Hope this helped, Cheers!!

Back