CPU/Mobo DFI Lanparty Blood Iron 785G-M35 or Gigabyte 785GMT-USB3 ?

Hi,

I have to buy a mobo for Phenom II X4 955. If possible, today itself. Which of these 2 mobos should I buy? I've never bought a DFI or Gigabyte mobo (always had Asus or MSI). The guy at Prime Abgb is giving me a good deal in DFI Lanparty Blood Iron 785G-m35 which retails for around 5.7k,but I'm getting it for around 4.8k. Gigabyte 785 USB3 is available for 6k. The guy was all praise for DFI and said it was highly reliable.I am a bit confused now.

The reviews of the DFI mobo are very good actually. Please see this : Mainboard :: LAN Party Potential - DFI BI 785G-M35 (AMD 785G) :: [url]www.hardwarezone.com.au Reviews ::[/url]

The only thing thats worrying me is the warranty. DFI has 2 yrs. against 3 yrs for Gigabyte. But the guy at prime assured me that there was nothing to worry. Err, so taking into consideration the performance and reliability aspects, which one would be a better choice?

TIA,

Ryan :)

As far as I remember ... DFI has stopped production for entire LAN Party product line ... better clear it with DFI first.

So in that case Gigabyte would be better choice

^ I read about that too. Will that affect A.S.S and bios updates? One more thing. Apart from the USB 3.0 and Dolby, is there anything else differentiating Gigaybyte 785GMT USB 3.0 and 785GMT US2H ? Asking this cos US2H was more or less the same price as the DFI @4.8k.

Thanks.

Private Ryan said:
^ I read about that too. Will that affect A.S.S and bios updates?
It could. One can never commit. For instance when abit shut down their production and became extinct they did say that they'd continue providing support for the next 3 years. But AFAIK Tirupati Enterprises who handles the RMA for abit in our country, does not touch an abit board. You are better off sticking to Gigabyte instead. :)

Get the USB 3.0 based board if you have the moolah. You may not replace the board soon enough. Gigabyte has a pretty good after sales support as well.

Asus M4A785TD-V EVO fTw ..!

Rock solid M/b dnt go fr the gigabyte just fr USB 3.0 , it will take ages fr USB3 Devices to appera in mainstream

Just a small correction :)

Tirupati handled RMA of my Abit board fine, even after Abit went out of market

They need to honor the warranty of 3 years i guess

Desecrator said:
But AFAIK Tirupati Enterprises who handles the RMA for abit in our country, does not touch an abit board. You are better off sticking to Gigabyte instead. :)

I am speaking out of experience - I had an Abit IX38 board which has warranty till April 2011. They refused to accept the board for warranty and luckily one of the members of the forum decided to help me out by speaking to the heads.

I agree with Desecrator. Once a company shuts its shop, their A.S.S becomes pathetic. Because unlike a regular company in the market, their reputation is no more at stake. What remains is just a moral duty to their long standing customers, which they fail to honor sooner or later. That is universal actually, and not just related to electronics.

Fortunately I made a thread here before going to pick the stuff in the evening. I almost had made up my mind to pick up the DFI. :p No doubt, DFI is (was) a great brand, and they made very good boards. Its sad to see them go ABIT's way. :(

Anyways, life goes on.. :p So yeah, I picked up the Giga 785GMT USB3 along with the rest of the stuff : :p

Amd Phenom II X4 955BE : 8k

Gigabyte 785GMT USB 3.0 : 5.7k

Gskill 2x2 GB DDR3 1333 : 5.6k

Sapphire Radeon HD4670 : 4.2k

FSP Saga 2 500W : 2.6k

Seagate 7200.12 1TB Hdd : 3.3k

(All prices@Prime Abgb)

Some pics :

A special thanks to Desecrator and Dark Angel (here and in the Graphics Card section) for helping me pick up the stuff. :)

private ryan about time you came back from hiding in FE :p
how are u,i am going to copy this build and add some of mine , thanks :d

Desecrator said:
Congrats on the purchases! Sweet stuff there. :D

Thanks,Buddy. Wouldnt have been possible without your help. :)
kippu said:
private ryan about time you came back from hiding in FE :p

how are u,i am going to copy this build and add some of mine , thanks :d

Hey!! How are you,bro! :D Lol, I wasnt even hiding in FE. Been a year almost since I last logged in there. :( Just been busy with real life. Growing up sucks. :|

Indeed all work and no play is making Ryan a dull boy. :-(

N yup, am glad to know you liked the config. :eek:) Just add a better gfx card to the equation and you have a very good gaming rig. :p I do not game at all. So went for an entry level gfx card. :p All I need is the power of the quad core and 4gb ddr3 1333 ram for my 3d and video rendering. Rest is all secondary.:p

Back