CPU/Mobo DFI Nf4 Rev2 Doubts & Advantage Over Older Rev

DFI Nf4 Rev2 Doubts & Advantage Over Older Rev

Hi Guys

Some doubts regarding the
DFI LanParty NForce 4 Sli-DR & UT Ultra-D Rev 2 Motherboards.

- Are the ram slots to the left in Rev2 as compared to top in the older.
How does this help.
[If this design finalised for rev2 as when coolers like ASUS Star Ice
are monted on this new design the cooler will straight away throw warm
air on the ram causing the ram to get heated which is not nice]

- Will the Rev2 be having 4pin CPU power socket or the 8Pin like that
on the server motherboards.

- Any other info that is important reg. rev2.

- Any idea when will Rev2 be available to consumers in US and rest of the world.

- Also when Rev2 starts circulation will dfi stop manufacturing the older version which has ram slots on top.

More Info & Pics here the of the "DFI Lanparty UT RDX200 CF-DR" which looks like Rev2.
Have a look at the 8Pin instead of the normal 4Pin Conn.
Link:- http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=66651
[Thanks to Chaos for this link]

You can discuss anything and everything under the sun here on TE. no problems about it.
But i merely quoted what was posted @ other forum in reply to ur query.
it is like this.
Vast Majority of the people (including me) will have no clue about unreleased products. merely guesstimates.
And those who "know" will be under NDA not to discuss/ mention this anywhere.
There are always last minute changes in the products. so until the co. officially publishes this there is no way of being absolute sure.
For all you know the product you posted could have been mfg' d already and just waiting for shipping.......:cool2: :eek:hyeah:
Edit: Anybody wants my DFI nf4 Ultra at a cheap price .....??

hehhe..:lol: gr8 reply deejay

i feel the same...we cant possibly discuss about the things which arent released yet...

Quad, in ur first post, the Rev2 board (in that link to XS) is not nF4.. its based on ATI chipset.

Also, the pic of the nF4.. where do i look for the 8-pin connector? i cudnt find it. Is it the ont just above the chipset cooler?

Edit: checking now (after reading ur reply^^)

Also, like DJ said whatever u hear about the new board will be purely speculation. And u'll not know until someone reviews it. Even if it were to be launched sometime soon, I wouldn't buy it rightaway. From past experience, I would like to wait for the revised Rev2 board (ironing out the initial issues it may have) :D

But can we find the older DFI Mobos in the market if yes untill how much time.
[Only if u have some idea]

Sorry for asking such stupid questions.

New DFI RS480 and DF NF4 Rev 2.0 are based on exact same new layout.
The NF4 pics are there on the page no 5 in same thread.
And ya it is using the EPS12v. The 8 pin AUX 12v connector usually seen on multiprocessor server boards. I bet DFI is gona use it for better power management.
See the image below of both boards and the 8 pin connector i marked there with red circle.

Back