Laptops Did my friend get a good deal on his laptop?

Rezep

Adept
Long story short,
A friend of mine recently went to SP road to a store and went in with the intention of buying an asus tuf f15 (i5 11th gen and rtx 3050) for around 57k ish. Seller however recommended him to take the Vivobook Pro 15 OLED for 58K instead. At first I thought there was hardly any difference between this vivobook pro 15 and the asus tuf he was looking at, the intel outperforms the ryzen by a small margin but the ryzen is also more power efficient albeit it's not really that significant. However I assumed that the display was the same as the tuf f15, that being it was some basic "IPS-LIKE" type display. Turns out it was the OLED display itself. Along with 16 gigs of ram and 512 gb ssd. The very same model is going for 72k online atm. I've checked the very basic settings with my buddy but forgot to install cpu-z and check it properly. But otherwise on surface level, it really seems like a good deal to me. Friend asked me to help him "configure" it, for the most part I just scrolled through the settings as windows 11 and office were all already activated lol.

Is there anything suspicious about this and anything else that I should look into? Bill box serial invoice everything matches. Store is Karthik Laptops btw so it isn't some no name one on SP road.

Long story short,
A friend of mine recently went to SP road to a store and went in with the intention of buying an asus tuf f15 (i5 11th gen and rtx 3050) for around 57k ish. Seller however recommended him to take the Vivobook Pro 15 OLED for 58K instead. At first I thought there was hardly any difference between this vivobook pro 15 and the asus tuf he was looking at, the intel outperforms the ryzen by a small margin but the ryzen is also more power efficient albeit it's not really that significant. However I assumed that the display was the same as the tuf f15, that being it was some basic "IPS-LIKE" type display. Turns out it was the OLED display itself. Along with 16 gigs of ram and 512 gb ssd. The very same model is going for 72k online atm. I've checked the very basic settings with my buddy but forgot to install cpu-z and check it properly. But otherwise on surface level, it really seems like a good deal to me. Friend asked me to help him "configure" it, for the most part I just scrolled through the settings as windows 11 and office were all already activated lol.

Is there anything suspicious about this and anything else that I should look into? Bill box serial invoice everything matches. Store is Karthik Laptops btw so it isn't some no name one on SP road.

Does it come with a dedicated Nvidia 3050 GPU? The site has 3 models of the 15 OLED. (IRIS, 1650 and 3050)

I guess it was because of stock clearance of 11th gen intel as they are already known to have poor efficiency & coupled with OLED screen which is another well known battery guzzler this combo is deadly for anyone looking to run laptop on battery for more than an hour.

Last edited:
I guess it was because of stock clearance of 11th gen intel as they are already known to have poor efficiency & coupled with OLED screen which is another well known battery guzzler this combo is deadly for anyone looking to run laptop on battery for more than an hour.
the vivobook one has ryzen

But it's Ryzen 5 5600h in this case. I checked his myasus app on his laptop today and warranty remaining checks out with standard warranty of 1 year. He was going to get extended warranty but shopkeeper suggested him not to until there's some deals on extended warranty plans? Not sure whether he misheard it or something because I'm pretty sure you have to get extended warranty within 2 weeks otherwise it's not valid

Correct me if I am wrong, and Ig out of context, but aren't OLED displays more power efficient compared to IPS ones?

... I'm pretty sure you have to get extended warranty within 2 weeks otherwise it's not valid
If product extended warranty handle directly by BRAND and not by seller than the particular product sold by seller is not covered under extended warranty. Check if you can buy extended warranty online...

the vivobook one has ryzen
Missed it somehow, now corrected my earlier post.

But it's Ryzen 5 5600h in this case. I checked his myasus app on his laptop today and warranty remaining checks out with standard warranty of 1 year. He was going to get extended warranty but shopkeeper suggested him not to until there's some deals on extended warranty plans? Not sure whether he misheard it or something because I'm pretty sure you have to get extended warranty within 2 weeks otherwise it's not valid
Yeah I missed it. Tell your friend to definitely get extended warranty that too incl ADP from asuspromo.in

Correct me if I am wrong, and Ig out of context, but aren't OLED displays more power efficient compared to IPS ones?
OLED laptop screen consume much more power because of their much higher brightness (600 nits vs typical 220-250 nits) compared to ips screen in laptop.

If product extended warranty handle directly by BRAND and not by seller than the particular product sold by seller is not covered under extended warranty. Check if you can buy extended warranty online...

TUF will outperform Vivobook pro in gaming because of 50W dGPU vs 75-80W on proper gaming laptops, should be like a 20% performance difference:

I have seen the Vivobook pro OLED for under 65k on sale with card discounts, etc. 58k is a good deal indeed, unless the usage was gaming.

Buy an extended warranty for 2 years for 3k or so from Asus ASAP.
Ah I see that's where the difference is, couldn't find the wattage of the dgpu on the Vivo book. In that regards I believe the ideapad 3 would be better as that is even higher at 100w right?

I suppose this was really the best option for him, he doesn't even game only and it's just that he wanted the best he could get for his buck.

I suppose this was really the best option for him, he doesn't even game only and it's just that he wanted the best he could get for his buck.
My father got a lesser variant of the vivobook oled 2 years ago. It has a 5500u, 8gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd. It costed 58k back then. I think if your friend isnt going to game then its actually a good deal. Especially for media consumption, the oled screen is quite good. I think the vivobook rams are soldered on the board, at least partly. But for basic usage 16gb should be more than enough. I think offline sellers often give better prices for older models to clear their stock.

But if someone really wants a laptop with oled screen ONLY for media consumption and very basic/mundane usage then asus does have variants under 50k.

Ah I see that's where the difference is, couldn't find the wattage of the dgpu on the Vivo book. In that regards I believe the ideapad 3 would be better as that is even higher at 100w right?

3050 is capped at 80W for CPU+GPU load. GPU only load, it can go till 95W, but realistically it doesn't happen. I think 3050 6GB has a bit higher combined load wattage, but not 100% sure.

For light gaming or for content creators, that Vivobook is great. I was considering it for my cousin who is studying a design course but we deferred the purchase for now. The OLED display is surely great to have for content creation or just normal multimedia usage.

Back