PC Peripherals Did samsung stop CRT production?

akiso

Disciple
I could not find new CRT monitor of Samsung. Some Computer shop said that they are completely switching to LCD monitor. U can get CRT monitor of other brands like LG, AOC,Benq,etc. Some also said that the reason for the switch is more influenced by green environment, as CRT consume more energy.
I could not find any concret news on the internet. But TE members can u spot some light to it.

one more thing CRT is good for graphic work, but do LCD or TFT are better option, as I heard from most of the hardware engineers that TFT or LCD will sure to die after 3years at max 4years. Some get the display problem within the warranty period. Also the cost of repairing in TFT/LCD is very high.

correct me if I am wrong?

I have Samsung syncmaster monitor 750s, runned at the max 6years although it was the manufacture in June 2001. That shows how good Samsung monitor are. Now it has gone bad but if I could find the part it can continue to give service.

CRT is a very very matured technology as compared to LCD/TFT. It is the favorite choice for graphics designer - who worked with colors. Now - a-days LCD/TFT are becoming as good as CRT in many areas. I don't think a LCD will die after 3-4 years. Those are earlier models of LCD/TFT which your engineer friends are talking .In current generations LCD/TFT will not be more then 2-3 years (think about 2-3 years before when LCD/TFT was not mass market choice). You can do some googling on it for more information.

But its true ,getting a CRT is very difficult now a days - distributors does not stock it due to demand and it take more space in compare to lcd to stock.

even crt's give bad colour reproduction with age. you need to manage the colour reproduction with some software maybe yearly.

for graphics work there are lcd's made for graphics users in mind but they are very costly.

you may not find them in stock as the lower priced models.

& i am Still Not changing my 19" CRT P97f+ Professional Series,which i vouch for! Touchwood,High End CRT r BEST & total VFM,only if they dont hurt ur eyes, ur desktop real estate or the BIG Energy Bills!

Hmmmm......was using my 19" Phillips 905E happily for 4 years for CAD; and was really impressed by it quality , but now i switched to a 19"LCD due to power consumption probs (4 machines needed to be added to the UPS backup)...and i will tell you, you can work longer fatigue free hours on the LCD..(little or no radiation).

Well, dell easily gives 5 years warranty on it's lcd's, so its safe to assume it will run problem free for 5 years atleast ? There will be much better cheaper technologies in that period.

Back