Did you learn anything new/ improve your skill level ( something you learned earlier, but never had the time to improve) during this lockdown?

I dont know still this LDL (Lock down learning) is active :) as govt eased the lock down restrictions, but i did completed yoga teacher training course of 200 hours. I was doing yoga from last few years actively but this is something challenging mentally.

Other than that I was doing all DIY home stuff repairs at home like electrical, learned new stuff like sewing machine stitching, learning new trading methods. I think it didn't matter in one way as i prefer to stay at home rather than going out.. I'm a home bird.

I was working work from home before WFH and so nothing special. What I learn was how not to over eat and gain weight

Please share your tips man!
I went into hibernation mode :tearsofjoy:

It's called intermittent fasting I suppose :angelic:

To explain my mom be like, " Tu kar hi kya raha he ? Kam kha mota hojaiga !" and to be honest it worked :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Cycle is like have lunch or dinner ( lunched prefered ) and then only something light or fruit if you feel hungry. else next meal next day.

I went into hibernation mode :tearsofjoy:

It's called intermittent fasting I suppose :angelic:

To explain my mom be like, " Tu kar hi kya raha he ? Kam kha mota hojaiga !" and to be honest it worked :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Cycle is like have lunch or dinner ( lunched prefered ) and then only something light or fruit if you feel hungry. else next meal next day.

Yes. Better to eat healthy Indian breakfast everyday than eat these things. I switched over to dosa, idli, poha, etc. I realised that along with 2 spoons of sugar in tea or coffee, biscuits, bread, etc also have sugar in them. So if I ate 10 biscuits, maybe those 10 biscuits had like another 2 spoons of sugar or more if there was icing cream in between. Add to that, fruit juices which have sugar etc. Too much sugar is probably too bad.

I also found out how bad these biscuits ready taste now. Eating them everyday, you don't realise the difference in taste because it's gradual. After not eating them for 2 -3 months, I tried Britannia nutri choice last week and it tasted like eating mud. I thought something was wrong with my tongue. So I got another brand Priya Gold and about three different flavours. All of them tasted like the company had gone to great lengths to make them as tasteless as possible. No salt, sugar, nothing. Didn't even taste like a biscuit. Had to eat them down with tea since I don't waste food.

And bread is just soya and maida bread now. I think they use very little wheat flour and use soya bean flour and maida. Tasted like unbaked soyabean. I wanted to make my own bread, but it's costly to make at home and all the appliances run on electricity.

Ice cream and chocolates use vegetable fat instead of proper milk etc. All the manufacturers have started substitution for profit instead of quality of food. When they don't care about our health, then it's best to stay away from their products.
yeah. I was prediabetic in jan 2019 when I took bloodtest suggested by my dermatologist for sudden dandruff.

switched to country sugar, wheat bread, cut out colas/sodas, started making by own food and now Im not prediabetic anymore. I still get tested every 6 months.

Its very easy to make bread at home. I made pizza and bread at home without any training and it came out perfectly. modern appliances wont consume that much energy for baking etc.

Regarding ice creams, only amul is the brand which uses milk and doesnt use vegetable oils. other expensive ice creams like huber holly, kventers etc use milk too. but cheap brands like cornetto, kwality walls etc use vegetable oils and sugars more.

Its very easy to make bread at home. I made pizza and bread at home without any training and it came out perfectly. modern appliances wont consume that much energy for baking etc.
How? What appliance do you use to bake bread?

I wanted to make bread at home but don't have any oven. Just the cost of buying one oven is like buying a few hundred bread loaves in the market and doesn't justify the cost for me. The bread available in the market is even worse quality now. I doubt there is any wheat flour in those ₹15, ₹30 bread loaves. Probably just maida and soya flour.

I wanted to make bread at home but don't have any oven. Just the cost of buying one oven is like buying a few hundred bread loaves in the market and doesn't justify the cost for me. The bread available in the market is even worse quality now. I doubt there is any wheat flour in those ₹15, ₹30 bread loaves. Probably just maida and soya flour.
Just buy the cheapest OTG that will house the mould of your choice and find a recipe that works for you. I follow a whole wheat recipe which uses Eggs, Honey and Ghee and I haven't bought bread from the market ever since lockdown started. Of course my recipe doesn't afford me to make a traditional loaf of bread so I make different shapes which work for me. One can also, just buy essential gluten online and add that to traditional whole wheat flour but I just prefer the buns, kulchas and other low-rise forms that I can make from my recipe. The original recipe is for making 'pavs' so maybe that's the reason. I am able to make beautiful burger buns out of this recipe and the taste is just unparalleled just like any other home made stuff.
Here is the recipe if anyone wants to try.

Cheap OTG in olx are available for like less than 5k even some cheap then 5k.

If you have not work with refined flour ever start making some pizza dough or donut which are easy to make and you get to know about yeast and how gluten works...

With OTG making bread as easy AF though I don't make it complex like using sourdough like.

I worked out like a ****ing maniac for last 6-8 weeks, now my body weight is 78 kilogrammes!! I'm 6'2".
And it feels wonderful. Can work for 12 hours straight without any fatigue. Badly needed to be in shape before Africa, now I'm confident tackling big African guys @ football ( that's going to be the only entertainment there beside the occasional obvious)

I worked out like a ****ing maniac for last 6-8 weeks, now my body weight is 78 kilogrammes!! I'm 6'2".
And it feels wonderful. Can work for 12 hours straight without any fatigue. Badly needed to be in shape before Africa, now I'm confident tackling big African guys @ football ( that's going to be the only entertainment there beside the occasional obvious)
Wow 6'2” is very rare for indians. I have a few cousins/nephews around 6' but one nephew is 6'2". I probably reach his waist lol

78kg at that height is quite lean. Good going. I'm short and can't get rid of my paunch, spare tire and now slight manboobs too. Tried an OMAD/starvation diet and it worked nicely but ended up regaining it all back because where i live now I'm too lazy to cook healthy and also order in.

P.s. Africans come out of the womb ripped and with 6-packs.

Back