CPU/Mobo Diff between mobo with and w/o integrated graphics?

I've been using mobos with integrated graphics and i'm going to buy a new motherboard soon.I'm confused between buying a G33 or 690G based board and a P35 based one.

Is there any difference in the performance, overclocking ability or the difference only onboard graphics?

depends on the brand and mobo model,

as for P35, i think Abit IP-35E is a cheap but a good overclocker

and G33, u cant overclock on G33 as its an intel mobo

and as for the intergrated graphics, u need them only when you are a non-gamer, otherwise you can get a mobo without intergrated graphics and get a better graphic card.

btw, G33 is something like around 10k and Abit IP-35E is something around 5-6k

thanks man.i was thinking about the IP35 and will probably get it.It is at 5.5K from my dealer and an ASUS G33 mobo is available for 8K not 10k.

also what if my graphics card goes bust ,will i be able to start my comp?

if you are casual light gamer, most of the games will run at min configurations with integrated onboard graphics. you need graphics card if you are moderate to heavy gamer.

and if u opt for non integrated mobo, ur pc will not run if ur graphics card goes faulty.

mpranav said:
I've been using mobos with integrated graphics and i'm going to buy a new motherboard soon.I'm confused between buying a G33 or 690G based board and a P35 based one.

Is there any difference in the performance, overclocking ability or the difference only onboard graphics?

Board selection (on board or Discrete GPU) all depends on the end use of the computer.

The 690G has superior graphics compared to the G33 - but then the G33 can run the C2Ds -

As already mentionted selection depends on end use.

Thanks guys.

I already have a graphics card and i won't be using integrated graphics to play games.So i'll get an IP35-E or a Neo-2 F.Thanks again

VaRz said:
depends on the brand and mobo model,
as for P35, i think Abit IP-35E is a cheap but a good overclocker
and G33, u cant overclock on G33 as its an intel mobo

and as for the intergrated graphics, u need them only when you are a non-gamer, otherwise you can get a mobo without intergrated graphics and get a better graphic card.

btw, G33 is something like around 10k and Abit IP-35E is something around 5-6k

som wrong stuff derel....chipsets are available for 3rd party makers and u do overclock on them....

the p35 chipset and g33 chipset from intel are for intel cpus with lga 775 socket,,,,the 690g/V are for amd am2 socket
intel prices the g33 based mobo DG33FB at abt 4.9k and its p35 based DP35DP at abt 6.2k.....FORGET OCING WITH INTEL ORG MOBOS

now wen u go for 3rd party mobos,,u start talking :eek:hyeah: ...the abit ip35e shud set u back by abt 6k or cheaper here by few of the dealers...

the similarly specced g33 chipswet boards will cost around dese..like the asus pk (p35) costs abt 7.7k and the g33 based P5K VM costs abt 8.2k...
if ur looking for onboard solution forget intel chipsets....THEY SUCK AT IT.....
u shud den look for decent sol`s like the geforce 7100/7150 based mobos or the ones from Ati like the Radeonâ„¢ Xpress 1250...though the 7150 is the clear winner by a small margin

Back