Laptops Difference between Studio 15 and Inspiron 15

Hi gus I want to know the difference between Studio 15 and Inspiron 15 Laptops. Earlier I was planning to buy Acer but Almost everyone suggested dell so m gng for Dell.Now which model to go for studio or inspiron .but I cant seem to find the difference between the two...

I know this one
Studio uses the new montevina chipset, which is more future-proof than the inspiron's santa rosa chipset.
N another one that studio is newer model while inspiron is older .

But whats the difference is the platform.n how will it b future proof on similar configs?

Is it worth to put extra 5-6k on Studio....or should I save some more n go for acer.

Simply put, the Studio is a premium offering compared to the Inspiron.

Apart from the stylish looks, the Studio supports a discrete graphics card.

Better options as far as specs. go.

studio's got a couple of extras over inspiron - esata port, option for backlit keyboard (which is considered a must have for studio), graphics card, higher res screen etc. But frankly if you do not want a graphics card at all, don't see a point in you choosing a studio. Inspiron has a T6500 which is a montevina platform, same as studio. Even the T4200 is a montevina, if I am not wrong. So this should not be a concern for you.

rohan30186 said:
Quality difference on scla of 10...if i give 10 to studio then where can i rate insipron?

Yeah, like he said, if you don't need the premium styling or a gfx card, get the Inspiron !

Studio ~ 9/10
Inspiron ~ 7/10
:p

question. what if the inspiron looks better than the studio?

Case in point the new inspiron R vs the existing studio.

is the premium worth paying for the build quality alone ?

delguy19 said:
4570 is better card in studio then inspi

The new Inspiron 15R and the Studio 15 has a HD5470. HD4570 are a thing of past :p

So instead of getting a Studio 15 it is better to get the inspiron 15 model for 36.9k and go for 3 yrs CC for 8.5k. Peace of mind.

If you get the Studio you will end up paying 43k for almost the same specs with 1 year normal warranty. Not worth it IMO.

DarkAngel said:
The new Inspiron 15R and the Studio 15 has a HD5470. HD4570 are a thing of past :p

So instead of getting a Studio 15 it is better to get the inspiron 15 model for 36.9k and go for 3 yrs CC for 8.5k. Peace of mind.

If you get the Studio you will end up paying 43k for almost the same specs with 1 year normal warranty. Not worth it IMO.

Sad but check any score on any forums u will find 4570 better then 5470

Best config of studio 15 with i7 comes with 4570 check once again and update ur knowledge databse lol

DarkAngel said:

Performance-wise, the HD4570 has a slight edge over the HD5470.

Build-quality apart, the difference in looks between these two, are quite subjective, a matter of personal preference if I may...

I would strongly suggest checking them out in person, before zeroing in.

delguy19 said:
Sad but check any score on any forums u will find 4570 better then 5470

Best config of studio 15 with i7 comes with 4570 check once again and update ur knowledge databse lol
Never said HD4570< HD5470. Did I :p
Never cared to check those 4 core power monsters. My bad.

Back