Digi cam @10k for a first timer

Gaurish

ex-Mod
ok,
i confess i don't know anything about photography & digital cameras but i want to learn. previous had a Kodak kb10 :p

my bugdet is around 10k( and lower is possible) or maybe it is on lower side but i suppose i can get a better cam then then my present kb 10:bleh:

which cam to hunt??
also i am zooming on cannon powershot A460
what about sony & other manufacturers ??

also can any give price quotes in north region

PS: my uncle is getting this cam from china, so i think rates different there, he said that they will be lower:hap2: so has anyone has such similar experience.:huh:

Thanks to greenhorn & Ratna for replying:)

Please suggest a model currently me lookiing at PS A460 & A530

has anybody tried sify shopping??

i shocked to see their lower prices

are they real??

gary4gar said:
Thanks to greenhorn & Ratna for replying:)
Please suggest a model currently me lookiing at PS A460 & A530

has anybody tried sify shopping??
i shocked to see their lower prices
are they real??

If you can, add another 4 K and go for Canon S3IS. It'll be rocket science for you in the beginning, but it's the best point and shoot digital cam in the market.

If you cannot afford S3IS, get a Canon Powershot A710IS. I've been using one for over 4 months now and loving it!

Do not and I repeat, DO NOT go in for either A460 or A530. A460 has an age old design and features and A530 has a puny 1.8" LCD, crappy aperture range, No IS and just 4X optical zoom.

as a beginner, get a710i from sifymall

they deliver it in a week and give a year's dealer's warranty

lots of people here(including me) have got their camera from there

ok guys thanks for your suggestions

i have finalized cannon power shot A710IS

@nukeu666

i am getting this cam from uncle as a gift as he is returning from his oversees trip:)

so no need to buy it, it will a gift

but please post your exp with sify mall in case in need to buy other stuff from them:cool:

I had helped my friend to buy a A460 from Sifymall back in March this year. Very clean and quick deal, 3 days start to finish - order placed on Friday, delivered at home in Mumbai on Monday.

It works fine, packing was original and all standard accessories were in the box.

Haven't had any need for their after sales service though so I can't comment on it.

+1 for the 710IS, esp since ur getting it as a gift (else for a budget: get 570IS)

No international warranty unfortunately. Check how much price difference is there. If ~1k or so, go for the sify mall ones. Those at least come with 1 Year dealer warranty.

techie_007 said:
+1 for the 710IS, esp since ur getting it as a gift (else for a budget: get 570IS)

No international warranty unfortunately. Check how much price difference is there. If ~1k or so, go for the sify mall ones. Those at least come with 1 Year dealer warranty.

sad about warranty but i can't buy on my own as i don't money(i am still unemployed)

so its better as a gift

I assume u got the A710IS :D

What about the display on the camera? hope thats in English/ Multilanguage at least :p Had a friend who had a japanese sony camcorder with japanese only ;) He could read it and all (he got it from japan after all) but the rest of us were hopeless with it :p

Heres the link for the software download/manuals/firmware update for the same :D :

Digital Cameras - High-End, Advanced Digital Cameras - Performance and Style, Digital ELPH Cameras - Easy and Fun! A-Series Digital Cameras - Digital Camera - PowerShot A710 IS - Canon USA Consumer Products

Back