Digi cam @10k for a first timer

techie_007 said:
I assume u got the A710IS :D

What about the display on the camera? hope thats in English/ Multilanguage at least :p Had a friend who had a japanese sony camcorder with japanese only ;) He could read it and all (he got it from japan after all) but the rest of us were hopeless with it :p

Heres the link for the software download/manuals/firmware update for the same :D :

Digital Cameras - High-End, Advanced Digital Cameras - Performance and Style, Digital ELPH Cameras - Easy and Fun! A-Series Digital Cameras - Digital Camera - PowerShot A710 IS - Canon USA Consumer Products

The UI is in English but i manuals & all others are in chineese

i downloaded manual from the link provided by you but the whole pdf has just one word

COPY on whole page:(

When u click the link i posted above, another pop up window with instructions for download appears, right? read what is written there :bleh:

"
Note:

- Please use Adobe Reader 6.0 or later versions to browse the PDF file. With Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.x, a digital watermark "COPY" will appear behind the text on the computer's screen. With Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.x or earlier versions, it is not possible to open those PDF files.
- When printing the file, the digital watermark "COPY" will appear on each prints.
"

These are the original manuals. Just open in Adobe 6 or above (latest is 8!!!!!!!!!), what can i say :cool2:

techie_007 said:
When u click the link i posted above, another pop up window with instructions for download appears, right? read what is written there :bleh:

"
Note:

- Please use Adobe Reader 6.0 or later versions to browse the PDF file. With Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.x, a digital watermark "COPY" will appear behind the text on the computer's screen. With Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.x or earlier versions, it is not possible to open those PDF files.
- When printing the file, the digital watermark "COPY" will appear on each prints.
"

These are the original manuals. Just open in Adobe 6 or above (latest is 8!!!!!!!!!), what can i say :cool2:

oops i didn't see as was feeling sleepy.

Damm it was around 3 in morning.

i opened it in evince which is my default document viewer, will try to open them in ADOBE

but why these manuals support only adobe :x

Cos its among the best desktop publishing solution so companies prefer it as its helpful when directly printing these for making the actual booklets :D

ok i opened the guide in adobe reader, as your now the cam looks some rocket science to me.

I think it will take time to get used to it:)

any tips for starters??

none :d u ll learn by trying out things only ;) + no film costs anyway so enjoy trying out stuff. Use AUTO and the scene settings properly for good point n shoot photos. Rest u can learn as u go along ;)

kodak easyshare c813 8.3mpix...just google the specs...
for a price very much under your price range....pm for price and other questions

Back