Camera Digital Camera-B'lore

Hi all iam planning to buy a Digital Camera.After a lot of observations i have finally decided on Canon A710 IS:)
As iam nooooooob in the camera stuff,iam still a bit confused on my decision.So is there any other better camera than this which i should look for?
My budget is around Rs.13000 MAX:( .
And please tell me where i can buy this stuff from.And is grey market stuff reliable?:S

Even I'm getting a Canon Powershot A710 IS! I've been researching on camera's for over a month now, and if you go by price to performance ratio, this is the best bet!

I'm getting mine from the US, though. Getting it for ~10,800/- which includes a 2 GB SD card (YaY)!

The best option for you would be to buy it in Sify. It's priced around 13 K, the last time I saw.

Hi guys,

I am from Bangalore and I suggest that you buy the camera from FotoCircle. The owner is Jayesh and knows me well. His shop is located at Balepet (near Chickpet). He can give you both grey or original. Jayesh is where all the pros go to (inclduing me, but I am no pro) :)

PM me and I'll let you know the details :)

Hi dude.

I contacted the Fotocircle person.He offered A710 IS for ~Rs.13,000 but he is giving only 3months warranty:(

But sify is selling the same product for same price with 1year Warranty.

3months seems to be damn risky as iam shelling out 13K+:no:

So do you know any other shop which is selling that product for ~Rs.13,000 and gives atleast 1 year warranty?

Try and get the S3IS from US if possible , cos u will get that at the same price (almost) as the 710IS. the warranty will not be applicable in both the cases, for practical purposes

Finally i purchased A 710 IS(Thanks Pratap for FotoCircle).After 5 days of usage iam satisfied with the picture quality and the manual controls that the cam offers.
The only major problem iam facing is with its screen.Though it is decent for indoor usage,it is extremely difficult to use in the bright sunlight:( .Its almost impossible to see something in the screen and i dont want to use the stupid optical view finder.It is fit for nothing:no: .
So is there any solution for this problem?Will i get any anti reflective screen or something...........?
And how i can use this cam as webcam?

Try increasing the screen brightness..I don't have this camera so i don't know how, but generally increasing screen brightness helps overcome this problem

And congrats on your new camera :)

^^Hey where is this fotocircle place? I'm looking for a cheap manfrotto 728. Need to know if he can get one at a decent price.

hi shashank,
how much did u pay for ur camera a710,did he give any kind of warranty and do u know the price of a630 in that shop ??

Hi,

Based on the info here.. I bought Canon PowerShot 710IS from sify.. good piece..
problem is with the battery.. I need to replace the re-chrgable for every 20 snaps..

anybody now better or perticular battery to use for this model....?

Another vote for Fotocircle, had bought a Nikon FM75 a long time back from him.

@ Chaos :

Code:
Jayesh Mehta

Photocircle

SSK Sangha building

KV temple street

Next to New Chickpet Police station

Near Balepet Circle,

Chickpet

Blore

+919845022654

Back