Digital Table Clock with Backlight or LED Digits - For Night Use

Nov 2021 Update.

The clock is still working fine. One thing I noticed is that it looses a minute every 15-20 days. No idea why. I have to hence change time when this happens. Otherwise, I am super happy with this purchase and is serving its purpose very well.

Dec-2021 Update.
Clock is working fine but I have noticed some of the lines of the digits are fainter than others. I am going to see if this doesn’t manifest into a full fledged non working clock or not. Hopefully not. I am not sure if those lines were always faint or became over time.

Nov 2021 Update.

The clock is still working fine. One thing I noticed is that it looses a minute every 15-20 days. No idea why. I have to hence change time when this happens. Otherwise, I am super happy with this purchase and is serving its purpose very well.
I too have the same issue. The only gripe is it is too bright even when set to dim.

This is the one i use

it has a clock battery so it does not lose track of time when the main battery runs out.

The 2,600mah lithium battery runs for a about a month before needing to be recharged.

A simple clap from across the room lights it up and the time digits are big and bright enough to be seen from across the room. Speaking up will also do it.

Two power sources is better than the cheaper options that need to be set each time or have to be permanently connected to a power source. You can hok this up to a phone charger too if necessary but i think constant charging isn't good for the battery. So recharge and 8 hours later its good for a month.

It does lose track of time goes slow over a few months so has to be reset.

Only gripe i have is it does not have an easy to read date format. I don't care to see the temperature but you have to wait a few seconds for it to cycle to day and month in numbers.

@raksrules I got the one you linked. Thanks for the advice. It works great. The only drawback is that the amount of light even at low setting is too bright at night. May be I should not have removed the plastic sheet on the surface.
Maybe you can stick a matte translucent film.. Available with car/bike stickering shops

Dec-2021 Update.
Clock is working fine but I have noticed some of the lines of the digits are fainter than others. I am going to see if this doesn’t manifest into a full fledged non working clock or not. Hopefully not. I am not sure if those lines were always faint or became over time.
Iis mostly a common phenomenon with lcd displays.

If anyone here can see the Lenovo smart clock for 1500 on flipkart (because whenever it is available, it is only for certain zip codes).
That's a good deal if you can get it

It goes for more than double otherwise and the one sold in india is first gen . The second is already out

Sept 2023 Update: finally i am going to retire (throw) this clock. It does work well still but most of the times now, the "not needed" LED will turn on which results into wrong time being shown. Like 12:98 and such which is not even legit time. Also the AAA batteries I had installed leaked so It can no longer take batteries.
The clock served me 2.5 years. I have now ordered same clock again from Amazon as I cannot find anything in similar price range and something which works for our use case.

Last edited:
Sept 2023 Update: finally i am going to retire (throw) this clock. It does work well still but most of the times now, the not needed LED will turn on which results into wrong time being shown. Like 12:98 and such which is not even legit time. Also the AAA batteries I had installed leaked so It can no longer take batteries.
The clock served me 2.5 years. I have now ordered same clock again from Amazon as I cannot find anything in similar price range and something which works for our use case.
It's a similar problem with mine too. The current time in my clock right now is 33:23.

Back