Direction assistance [Delhi]

trigger

Adept
I will be reaching Delhi (Hazrat Nizamuddin) tomorrow at around 8 PM. I need to catch another train from Old Delhi station at around 11:30 PM.

I looked at maps and looks like Old Delhi is not that far, maybe ride of ~12 km/30 mins by road. I also looked at taxiautofare.com, more or less same information.

My questions:
  1. Is metro an option?
  2. If not, should auto-rickshaw/cab be the next option?
  3. Is there any EMU service for reaching Old Delhi?
  4. Decent place for dinner(veg), nearby to either station

Metro is a good option, though I am not sure about the frequency at that time of the day. You will need to change at Rajeev Chowk (Connaught Place). Since you also mention food, you might want to break journey at CP, venture out, there are a lot of eateries around of all price points, grab some stuff, and then get the next metro. Then again, like I said, I am not sure about the frequency of trains at that time so a safer option is to grab something at Nizamuddin and proceed to Old Delhi.

trigger said:
My questions:

1. Is metro an option?
  2. If not, should auto-rickshaw/cab be the next option?
  3. Is there any EMU service for reaching Old Delhi?
  4. Decent place for dinner(veg), nearby to either station
1.No MEtro won't be feasible for you.

2.Auto Rickshaw is the best option,It will take about Rs100(Max) for Old Delhi Station from Nizamuddin,

3.Yes,EMU runs between Nizamuddin and Old Delhi Station,But avoid it.They never run on schedule except between office hours.

1- Metro not feasible.

2- Yup, try opting for auto or cab but try prepaid one only.

3- don,t know about that.

4- There is one eating joint at Nizamudin station known as Comesum & its quiet popular & good.

Back