Android Disable access to Playstore

mathrisk

.: deleted :.
Adept
For a senior citizen in my family. He uses a basic Android phone - WhatsApp and few card games are the only usage of it.
He's a bit amnesiac and difficult to teach him a new thing and make that in to a habit.

The problem comes with the ads. Last I checked his phone, he had installed some 20 spam apps from ads shown in the card game apps he plays.
The designers are doing really good job in hiding/obscuring the close button and making green "Install" button unavoidable.

Is there any way to hide (or password protect) the PlayStore ?
The Phone isn't password/pattern locked. Tried but that cannot be taught. Neither on/off'ing the data connection.
I can go for the paid version of one or two specific apps. Just wanted to check if any other way exists.

For a senior citizen in my family. He uses a basic Android phone - WhatsApp and few card games are the only usage of it.
He's a bit amnesiac and difficult to teach him a new thing and make that in to a habit.

The problem comes with the ads. Last I checked his phone, he had installed some 20 spam apps from ads shown in the card game apps he plays.
The designers are doing really good job in hiding/obscuring the close button and making green "Install" button unavoidable.

Is there any way to hide (or password protect) the PlayStore ?
The Phone isn't password/pattern locked. Tried but that cannot be taught. Neither on/off'ing the data connection.
I can go for the paid version of one or two specific apps. Just wanted to check if any other way exists.
Use DNS66 , bye bye to Ads
or
Private DNS add nextdns.io DNS after making an account
or
Use any of no root firewalls https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.faircode.netguard&hl=en&gl=US
If you use DNS66 or any decent Adblocker can say goog bye to Ads . If you have MIUI debloat it . After debloat i have no ads on my Redmi Note 9

If you are looking at paid apps they remedy the situation, along with uninstalling the play store via ADB, you could also look at using blokada / adguard premium (lifetime license available for cheap on stack social). This should solve the problem.

Both Adguard and Blokada(open source) block in app ads too. Blokada is also a vpn, while adguard is a pure adblocker and also allows you to block specific sites fully.

Last edited:
He says the issue is with ads. A lot of ads take you to website where there are incessant popups that are difficult to get away from unless you press home and force close the browser.

Disabling the playstore wouldn't stop this.

Last edited:
Back