Disable Auto Media download in WhatsApp groups

kartikoli

Skilled
I am a part of few Selling groups where people post images and Videos of there products. Its been a week that all of a sudden these photos/videos are getting download in the phone Galary making it completely unrelevant and overtaken by these photos. Did anyone noticed such a change in Android? and most importantly how to stop these media files to auto download for the groups, I want to have media from other personal chats

most importantly how to stop these media files to auto download for the groups, I want to have media from other personal chats
Afaik it is not possible to do the downloads selectively. It is for all chats or none.
You can, however, choose to not show the media for that Group in your Gallery. Tap the three buttons in the top right when in that Group. Group Info > Media Visibility.

Afaik it is not possible to do the downloads selectively. It is for all chats or none.
You can, however, choose to not show the media for that Group in your Gallery. Tap the three buttons in the top right when in that Group. Group Info > Media Visibility.
Thats not helpful as you will forget about those media files and they will simply eat your storage space. Right now atleast I know that this is the junk that needs to be deleted

Thats not helpful as you will forget about those media files and they will simply eat your storage space. Right now atleast I know that this is the junk that needs to be deleted
Well you can simply delete the media for that group from within Whatsapp.
I stopped auto download altogether. I just download what I want and when I want. If you are now worried about space then you should do the same.

Back