Disappointing service in Reliance Digital Stores (Pune)

R0H!T

Adept
I have never bothered of buying any gadget from Reliance Digital till now. But recently I redeemed a lot of points from my company's internal shopping site in the form of Reliance Digital gift card (worth 13k). I want to buy Nokia Lumia 720. So I went to their Fatima Nagar store in Pune about two weeks ago when the phone was just launched and already available in stores. But they did not have it in stock yet and did not give me any tentative date for the same.

I thought lets visit next week and check again. So I went to their store again next week (i.e. last week) and asked the same thing. The sales reps again told me that they do not have it in stock and have no idea when they will receive it. I told them I have cash with me and am ready to buy the handset right now... so can they order one for me? the guy replied - no. LOL!

One of my friend had bought his phone recently in similar way (gift card + remaining cash) from Satara Road (Pune) store. That friend also had horrible experience at RD. But we thought lets ask the sales rep with whom he did his transaction. So we went there and asked the same thing and got the same reply. Then I asked him to at least take some token amount from me and book my order (we thought maybe they don't have much demand for WPs and they are not sure if I am really interested in buying one). And then told him that my color choice is 'white'. To this his reply was: 1. he cannot take such order because he has no idea when they will receive the stock. and 2. he cannot guarantee that I will get the color I want because it depends on Nokia. Nokia will send them whatever stock Nokia has. So the colors RD will receive are not known to them till they receive the stock. LOL!
So in a RD store, I cannot ask for even a basic common color such as white?! And btw, they were not ready to lower the price even by 1 Rupee. So if I am to buy the handset from them, I will have to buy whenever they receive stock, buy at whatever price they charge, and buy whatever color they have! i.e. buy late at higher price for random color.

I decided to complain about this. So I went to their twitter account and saw that they have asked many people to use their FB complaint page to fill out the complaint form. I did that 5 days ago. So now they have my email ID and phone number. Still no reply! Then I wrote on their twitter account that I have already complained about this on FB and still haven't received any reply. No reply to that tweet too.. I guess since I am not a regular twitter user (with social clout) they have ignored the tweet.

In short, to buy a handset which is available in market since two weeks, I have already taken so much efforts, and still have not received any reply about the availability - even when I have the cash ready and I am almost begging them to sell me one! :mad:

Is this how they normally operate or this is a one off case?
I am still waiting because I don't have any other gadget on my list right now and I just have to add ~5k to the gift card to buy the handset. So even if they sell it to me for a price higher than the store adjacent to it, it will be a better deal for me compared to outright buying it on my own cash/credit card. :banghead:

Back