Disconnecting BSNL broadband connection

Hi All,

I had a BSNL combo UL750 connection used for couple of years and I decided to discontinue about 6 months back, I never used to get the bill in my address due to some postal/address issues.Once I didn't pay the bill the service stopped,but I didn't give any written application to disconnect the service and the recently I noticed billed amount comes to 4.5k now. I don't know what to do now, anyone know how to proceed now. I am not ready to pay the bill for unused service.

Thanks

i dont get bill on time in my area, but there is option of paying bills online on bsnl portal - bsnl.co.in
you just have to register on that portal to get monthly ebills.
you should take a written letter to the commercial officer or sdo of your area explaining to him that the internet service stopped after you didnt pay the bill. they will reduce the bill as per their calculations.
also take along a written application to cancel your broadband connection if you dont want it anymore. your bsnl landline will be put in default bfone plan then.

These BSNL buggers might have failed to send bill to your address. That might be their negligence. That cannot be taken as cessation of service. Its your duty to intimate the concerned department about your intention to discontinue ISP service. Just drop your letter atleast now and tell them that you are not ready to pay...

Walk upto them and tell them you dint use the service so you shouldnt be paying bill. If you see the bill, theres a security deposit. Under no circumstances can they bomb you with bills for 6 months. You can also talk to them and xplain them the issue. If theres no usage, they would wave off the non-usage period. BSNL also holds BSNL adalat for bill related issues. Check with the office and settle the dues.

Well....because they failed to send the bill at your residence you did not pay it-the service stopped-end of story.

What I believe is that you are required to pay for one month(the one in which you used the service but did not pay the bill) since the connection was cut-off after that due to non-payment .

I think this is a case of mismanagement of software by these n00bs..they often do it.It's just that you need to negotiate with them.It may be so that you will be required to pay half-bill or something but that too wouldn't be very wrong underlining the fact that you did not send any termination application .

Normally security is 1500-2000 ( mine is 1900). Once you exceed the security without bill payment line is disconnected. How much security did they take?

Back