Discounts at Dell ?

Tao

Disciple
Well I want to buy a XPS 14 , and my config comes at 56k(price on net), but I heard Dell India offers discounts to certain people. Does anybody have any idea how do I get them ?

Also do they offer XPS without WIndows ? I mean, I talked to certain people and they said they got upto 5k off on their Inspiron purchases without Windows ?

TIA :)

PS: Desperate coz this overshoots my budget :(

Hi,

I took one in 2008 and I had availed the discount. The thing is You need to call up Dell and ask them the corporate clients to whom they give discount.
The thing is Dell Manages IT Solutions for many Corporates and in return when the employees buy back from Dell they are offered discounts of high as 30% ( To Dell/HP Employees ...This is completely off air...Dont qoute me :))

So the laptop would be billed in their name but the shipping address provided would be of you. Also the employee to whom the Laptop is billed needs to send a confirmation
email confirming the order from his/her official id.

Thats it...You would get discounts as per current norms and also try for areas that dont levy octroi.

If you want I can pass you the contact details of the Customer Executive in Dell who processed my order. Just PM me if you are interested.

As for XPS without windows..If there is an option; you would have an option to configure on the site itself, Else you can raise a query while placing your order.

Or, you could just not use Windows when you receive the machine (Thereby, not accept the EULA from the OS's first boot) and raise a ticket with them for returning your copy of windows.

Google it up. There are multiple documented cases of folks who returned the OS to save some money.

sgx100 said:
Hi,

I took one in 2008 and I had availed the discount. The thing is You need to call up Dell and ask them the corporate clients to whom they give discount.
The thing is Dell Manages IT Solutions for many Corporates and in return when the employees buy back from Dell they are offered discounts of high as 30% ( To Dell/HP Employees ...This is completely off air...Dont qoute me :))

So the laptop would be billed in their name but the shipping address provided would be of you. Also the employee to whom the Laptop is billed needs to send a confirmation
email confirming the order from his/her official id.

Thats it...You would get discounts as per current norms and also try for areas that dont levy octroi.

If you want I can pass you the contact details of the Customer Executive in Dell who processed my order. Just PM me if you are interested.

As for XPS without windows..If there is an option; you would have an option to configure on the site itself, Else you can raise a query while placing your order.
+1, ... If you belong to any of the companies, where Dell provides support to, then you can easily bargain to a 10-15% discount (might be even more if you are skillful with the ladies :p)

kochukhwa said:
what do u mean by EULA ???
End user license agreement

@ Stalker : Dell Provides OEM Copy of OS, when you place an order you acknowledge the fact that you want so and so OS, cancelling or agreeing is Upto you, what you are telling is about a Retail OS but not in OEM

if you want a Dell Notebook without OS , please opt for N series Machines , you could say you need a N series machine while placing order , which is valid for Optiplex/Latitude/precision/vostro/Poweredge servers, and for Consumer machines like Studio/inspiron/xps, they cant be bought as N series and OEM OS goes bundled

I was discounted for 4000 INR when i got my Inspiron 1525.

I have not raised any query like i do not want windows vista or else. But they discounted me. :)

I had enquired about discounts from Dell before buying the VAIO. The representative to whom i had talked from the customer care told me that if you are working in any big IT company, and if you produce your ID card as proof, you can get atleast 8% discount.
So, you can try this out if you are working in any IT comp.

Just confirmed with sales.. discount is 5% & additional 3%, if purchased with extended 3 years accidental warranty. No proof required, just an email will do the job..

trigger said:
Just confirmed with sales.. discount is 5% & additional 3%, if purchased with extended 3 years accidental warranty. No proof required, just an email will do the job..
whose email address are you talking about.

Back