[DISCUSSION] Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition

Titokhan

Disciple

The Definitive Edition is coming to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via the Rockstar Games Launcher later this year. It’s also coming to iOS and Android during the first half of 2022.

All the sites were making this out to be a remaster but I guess it won't be a huge overhaul. I won't get my hopes up until I see some gameplay, for the time being this just looks like an easy cash grab going by the trailer itself.

Considering the trailer did not reveal anything at all related to the actual game, and it is also coming out on Android/iOS. It seems at best it will be a new coat of paint. It should absolutely be thought of as a remaster, rather than a remake.

Expecting much more than that would only set us up for disappointment when it actually releases.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if they update the maniacally hard RC copter missions.

Guess it'll most likely be a launcher for the games, with some very tiny changes that you prolly can't differentiate between the 10 year anniversary remaster and this one.

Considering I have the original trilogy for a decade now and never played them, would prefer to play the original with mods rather than purchase this.

The RC Copter mission in GTA VC was the worst of them all. Had to try them at least 10 times or so.

The most frustrating missions in Vice City:

1. Demolition Man (Flying that damn RC helicopter within the building all the while getting attacked by contruction workers with hammers)!

2. Dildo Dodo (The Skimmer was a b!tch to fly... ooof) :banghead:

The most frustrating missions in Vice City:

1. Demolition Man (Flying that damn RC helicopter within the building all the while getting attacked by contruction workers with hammers)!

2. Dildo Dodo (The Skimmer was a b!tch to fly... ooof) :banghead:

Funnily enough I was an expert at both those missions especially Demolition Man. I used to spend a lot of time at this gaming cafe back in the day and I used to get summoned whenever some school kid used to get stuck.
The key was to ascend vertically using the elevator shaft so save more time.

Funnily enough I was an expert at both those missions especially Demolition Man. I used to spend a lot of time at this gaming cafe back in the day and I used to get summoned whenever some school kid used to get stuck.
The key was to ascend vertically using the elevator shaft so save more time.

As I kept playing Vice City over the years (GTA III and Vice City are till date the two GTA titles I have re-played the most) I got better at Demolition Man. Controlling the RC copter became easier once you got the hang of the mechanics like you mentioned and I sliced & diced those construction workers with the copter's blades making things easier, LoL!

Dildo Dodo however always remained a nightmare for me.

There's this mission called "Payday for Ray" in GTA III. It's given to you by Asuka. It was a hard mission, took some FAST driving skills as you had to drive from one pay phone to the other on Staunton Island. Once you had the route in your grasp and a fast car it was easier to do. Definitely took a lot of tries for me to clear this one.

Demolition man. - Yes that's the worst mission that I was talking about. Blow an under construction building using RC helicopter.

I don't remember the other mission.

The RC missions in San Andreas were way worse.
Anyway, I don't think this trilogy is anything that is exciting for me. I agree with the Mutahar video. All very valid points

Demolition man. - Yes that's the worst mission that I was talking about. Blow an under construction building using RC helicopter.

I don't remember the other mission.

There is this other mission in the game called "Bomb's Away!" given by Auntie Poulet. The mission involves flying the RC Airplane Baron over boats and dropping bombs to destroy them. Flying that RC airplane made me want to break my keyboard! :banghead:

But Vice City is otherwise such a fun game! Just the entire 80's atmosphere, the music, the missions... Rockstar brilliance!

Well gta and rockstar as we know it, is finished, since Dan Houser has left. If you take away his awesome writing and vision, all them rockstar open world games are substandard, from a gameplay perspective that is.

The only thing I desire is the checkpoint system. Jeez I tried playing the old games a few days back and I was surprised how my younger self went through all the broken missions and the constant retries without feeling frustrated.

Back