Dishwasher purchase EDIT: Bought Siemens SE25

10 months update.

Siemens is serving us well.touchwood..
seeing my machine,3 more were purchased in my family and all 4 of Siemens user are happy.

we are using finish brand still for dishwasher detergent and salt and rinseaid.

its doing well and cleans all our dishes well.
no regrets and absolutely recommend it to all.

I bought for 30000 shipped to my home.
I heard prices have increased a bit partly due to dollar and something with bausch.

It has been very helpful reading the whole conversation over the dishwasher. Its been quiet some time that you have been using the machine @pratikb. How do you rate your purchase now?

Last edited by a moderator:
10/10.
I had initial issues with sourcing of stuff like rinse aid and salt.
finally I purchased yr's stock.
its running absolutely fine as day 1.

we all are happy and our family friends also bought 2 more of these siemens machines.[DOUBLEPOST=1365953160][/DOUBLEPOST]only utensils which we dont put in dishwasher are aluminium kadhai's and copper bottom.
thats it,rest all utensils go in and come out damn fine.

Even I am looking forward to purchasing a dishwasher. I understand that Siemens and Bosch are the leaders as far as quality and reliability are concerned. However, in my area, none of the dealers stock machines of Siemens/ Bosch or Kafe make. There is no service center as well in my area for these machines. Hence, I am left with Samsung, LG or IFB. I am ruling out LG due to budget constraints ( their least priced model retails at 50k+). The dealers in my area are recommending Samsung over IFB. They say Samsung scores over IFB in quality, reliability and service aspects.
I would like to have the members opinion on whether to go for Samsung dishwasher or not.

I would tell you how i sourced my siemens.

I travelled to another city around 5 hrs from my hometown.I had discussed with siemens area manager and dealer over phone.
I fixed up the deal and paid for same and getting delivery was different ballgame due to transport and all.
so i had to get services of professional people in this.
I brought in the machine in dassera day.
with guidance of engineer,I installed same myself.

efforts paid off as I got what I wanted and that too at cost I wanted.[DOUBLEPOST=1367132577][/DOUBLEPOST]so @Chiranjib dont compromise in samsung or lg.

@pratikb: Even I have visited a Siemens shop in Mumbai & I am convinced with their machines. The issue is service for Siemens is not available within 200km+ of my hometown, the place where the dishwasher is required. I understand that the dishwasher can be sourced from elsewhere, but won't purchasing it in the absence of availability of nearby service be a risk?

In that case, I will tell you,
the siemens people rock.
the engineer did formally come to demo the machine despite knowing I had installed with his help itself.

so dont worry they will come.
service support os integral part of Siemens and not outsourced to some nutcases.
so dont worry.

servicing wont be issue.

Me too instrested in buying dish washer.

However when I went to croma, I have been told that it needs high pressure water supply 8 liters/minute. Which can not be achived when using loft water tank.

Is this true ?

My Whirlpool Front load fully automatic wahsing machine works with loft tank pressure without any issue.

Please guide me.

Me too instrested in buying dish washer.

However when I went to croma, I have been told that it needs high pressure water supply 8 liters/minute. Which can not be achived when using loft water tank.

Is this true ?

My Whirlpool Front load fully automatic wahsing machine works with loft tank pressure without any issue.

Please guide me.
Hi Friends,

Please advice me on my query

@pratikb : I have a query regarding your Siemens dishwasher. In the event of a power cut, does the machine resume from exactly the same point? I mean in a 2:55 (hr:min) program, if a power cut happens at 01:25, then does it resume from exactly 01:25 or from a point a little around 01:25?

Any other dishwasher user may also help me with my query.

Back