Display colours looks washed out in new Asus ROG Z13 2-in-1 notebook

Hi,
Just bought the Asus ROG Z13 with rtx 3050 grahic card and I feel the dark colours look washed out in the screen. (looks fine on external 4k monitor).
While using the notebook, I can see the youtube and netflix thumbnail colours look low quality and also not sharp.
Both windows and nvidia drivers are upto date and this issue is there only in notebook screen and not external montior.
should I ask for replacement?
Thanks

Hi,
Just bought the Asus ROG Z13 with rtx 3050 grahic card and I feel the dark colours look washed out in the screen. (looks fine on external 4k monitor).
While using the notebook, I can see the youtube and netflix thumbnail colours look low quality and also not sharp.
Both windows and nvidia drivers are upto date and this issue is there only in notebook screen and not external montior.
should I ask for replacement?
Thanks
Check color profile in nvidia/display settings and also color bit.
Uninstall the drivers using DDU and install the latest from nvidia.

Share the actual screen color pic to get a better insight..

If your model has an AMD processor, check if this only happens when the laptop is unplugged. If so, the culprit is AMD's Vari-Bright feature. You can disable it in Adrenalin center. It makes the colors look washed out as you described.

Last edited:
If your model has an AMD processor, check if this only happens when the laptop is unplugged. If so, the culprit is AMD's Vari-Bright feature. You can disable it in Adrenalin center. It makes the colors look washed out as you described.
It's intel I-7
Check color profile in nvidia/display settings and also color bit.
Uninstall the drivers using DDU and install the latest from nvidia.

Share the actual screen color pic to get a better insight..
I have done the latest install from Nvidia but still the same.
Gave it today to Asus service centre to get it fixed. I think they'll probably get the screen changed.
Service guys changed the profile settings in the armoury crate and now everything looks fine.

Last edited:
Back