PC Peripherals Display Corruption

Hi there… Ive been confronted with an exceedingly irritating problem…. My monitor started to flicker a week ago…. The flickering however was temperory… and normally began within 10 mins of switching on the monitor… then it used to cease arbitrarily without showing any particular pattern timewise…considering the fact that it is 6.5 years old… I concluded that its time was up… but upon pressing the print screen button the following image resulted… suspicious about it being a software problem.. I connected the monitor to a friends pc…. And it worked well for over an hour… letme add that we also ran certain grafix-card testing tools… and the monitor never even did something as flicker.. I connected it back again to my computer and it has worked well for the past 24hrs… And then 2 days ago yahoo messenger stopped working..in the sense… upon clicking the icon the window appears… but when as the mouse cursor approaches it vanishes.. Ultimately resulting in me tearing ma hair in despair…. The mouse cursor too has started to behave abnormally… and tends to slide amazingly at grotesque angles…. I performed an anti-virus test which resulted in six cases of vbs.soraci viru.. they were deleted… I also attach a virus log file for reference…. I shall be infinitely grateful to any expert who can explain to me the nature and solution of the problem… letme add that the computer has been xtraordinarily slow for the past some time…. That I use a sify broadband connection… and that ive run all the patches by Symantec for viruses such as gaobot..sasser…netsky..blaster....… all of them resulted in negative results and that my network connection is firewalled …and also that.. many a time the system has headed for auto shut down… Plz lemme know whats wrong… and yes.. I use windows xp:S.. n plz dont mind the dates and time in the log file... they r faulty

Attachments

• Virus alerts.txt
    14 KB · Views: 129
  • untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    232.8 KB · Views: 82
It seems like your video card is dying there is no issue with the monitor as the effect will not show on a screenshot. Tighten the VGA cable, remove your gfx card, dust it and re-insert it and check. 99% your gfx adapter is dying.

Yup its a dead/dying videocard. No screenie will show corruption if there's a problem with the monitor. Are you using onboard video or a dedicated video card?

Back