DIY or SVS subwoofer

I am very much confused as to what to buy for a subwoofer?
While SVS is a reputed company the prices are way exorbitant. Therefore was looking for a DIY route to accomplish the same and then came across an iteresting piece of information about the drivers SVS uses here https://buy.guru/sb16-and-pb16-ultra-driver/ now I am trying to figure out a way to use this information to design myself a similar or even better a better performing subwoofer at a lesser price. From what i gathered, Dayton drivers are good and can be paired with Behrringer Amps and the desingning is to be done with "WinISD".
any inputs, welcome!

As an SVS owner i can say their subs are great.. I have the SB1000 and it's insane for movies, for music is nice too but not as great as some other brands like DefTech that I previously owned.

Now for your DIY question, if you have the skills to fabricate, skill to engineer and assemble, time and tools you can go for it. I personally feel you need to have ALL to do it correctly. Lastly, i feel in India availability of things to make it easier and pretty are limited.

Suggest to go to HFV and look for used deals there.

All the best.

Back