DIY SUbwoofer: Death box II inthe making....

thenvk

Adept
Hi,

Here comes my new sub for the new DIY Deathbox II. For those wondering what is death box II, here is the link..

So part of it, I just got my 10 inch JBL beauty (3200/-). Though its 10 inch subwoofer, its huge in size compared to the local made subs I have seen.
The finishing is superb...

Sorry for Real crappy pics... but no other option for me,as my bro gave the cam to one of his friend.

The last one is for size comparison ...
I found a carpenter and will work on the enclosure tomorrow....

I am just planing for a sub that can give me Soft and Deep bass.I am going to drive it with LM3866 amp of 200W, which will be made by Suds from Hifivision.I am waiting for that and thanks to him.

Regarding the Death box II, Sincere thanks to Shreekanth from Decware for all his help.

Just FYI... I have bought the plans...:p

Thanks Lulu...

Its sounds lot better than what it looks....

My initial budget was 3K.... But the same was increased almost twice by the end.

3.2K for JBL driver

1K for enclosure

1K for plan.

More about 500rs work left out for the Covering and Stand

I am planing to get PVC/Rexin skin to it ( May be 300rs) and Legs I need to plan.

Any suggestions for skin and legs please....DIY gurus?

I am currently running this Sub with 5.1 HTIB amp. Pulled out the wire of SUb from the cabinet and connected to this. My HTIB amp can produce 30W RMS. But when I reach half the volume, all windows and doors starts to vibrate

Reg the Lm3886 AMP,I am yet to get it.

Reg the crossOver, I will get it when My new amp arrives. For now I dont think I need one as its already a Sub channel from HTIB amp.

30W RMS is kinda puny for a sub amp. I'm sure the JBL can take a lot more.

I've got rubber beaded windows for my house. at least I dont have to worry about rattles :p

EDIT: are you planning an active or passive crossover?

thenvk said:
I am currently running this Sub with 5.1 HTIB amp. Pulled out the wire of SUb from the cabinet and connected to this. My HTIB amp can produce 30W RMS. But when I reach half the volume, all windows and doors starts to vibrate

Reg the Lm3886 AMP,I am yet to get it.

Reg the crossOver, I will get it when My new amp arrives. For now I dont think I need one as its already a Sub channel from HTIB amp.

Even so, if it is a dedicated amp for the sub, you should limit the frequencies in the amp itself rather than expecting it to have been limited by the source. In future you might forget that there is no filtering and inadvertently use a broadband source.

^^ That's just for the size comparison. OT, I didn't understand ur box layout, care to illustrate it a bit more? As for the box's material, what did u go for, simple wood or Plyboard? In case of board, Nuwood or what? what's the guage of the ply too?

I made few floor standers myself during my first year of engineering and ur surrent DYI has fired up my passion once again but due to space constraints at my home, sorry can't indulge in any.

thenvk said:
Thanks Lulu...

Its sounds lot better than what it looks....

My initial budget was 3K.... But the same was increased almost twice by the end.

3.2K for JBL driver
1K for enclosure
1K for plan.
More about 500rs work left out for the Covering and Stand

I am planing to get PVC/Rexin skin to it ( May be 300rs) and Legs I need to plan.

Any suggestions for skin and legs please....DIY gurus?

How come 1K for the plan? The link you provided says $10.

Back