DLINK DSL 502-T Vs Beetel 220BX

Saiyan

The L33t Admeen
Skilled
Hi guyz i am using Airtel 256KBps unlimited connection.

I have decided to buy the modem instead of renting it. I have decided on two ADSL modems.

1.D-Link DSL 502-T (D-Link Building Networks for People..)

or

2.Beetel 220BX

As for the Beetel 220BX it'll be bought from Airtel for Rs.2000/-, and for DLINK it'll be bought from Delta Peripherals as Airtel provides only beetel, the cost of the same is around 2.5k.

The Airtel CC said they wont provide any support for the DLink as its not bought from them.

So guyz tell me which one is better, so that i can buy it this week.

TIA :)

apollyon said:
^^2.5k!!
the dlink is for rs1675 here in pune, while a netgear one costs 1.6k

oh ok ok, thats actually a 6 to 7months old price:ashamed: , got it from a friend.

Both are ok. I'm using the Beetel with my Airtel connection in Pune and the D-Link with my BSNL connection back home in Goa. No problems in either location. Both run rock-steady with absolutely no connection drops. The Beetel is a surprisingly stable little box for what it cost me (nothing!!) and the D-Link is pretty stable too inspite of all the bad things I've heard about it. One advantage that the D-Link has over the Beetel though is the features it offers, and the fact that most of the features are not available in the GUI of the Beetel while they're there in the D-Link's GUI. You need to telnet into the Beetel to access them. So it's basically down to whichever one you get cheaper since they're both good enough.

:rofl: Airtel does not take any modem rental on any tariff plan except six in Kolkata at least they gave me a Beetle 220BX for free & take zero rent for it :p

When BSNL had no stock of modems I had to choose between the Netgear n D-link models mentioned here. Me in my infinitesimal wisdom bought a Pronet modem. It was the cheapest of the lot.

Only gripe is i get a lot of noise (disturbance) in the telephone when the modem is ON :(
That totally sucks. I thot it happens with all modems. The other day i checked a Huawei modem provided by BSNL and that didnt have any such noise. I hate this pronet modem already :'(

TheMask said:
When BSNL had no stock of modems I had to choose between the Netgear n D-link models mentioned here. Me in my infinitesimal wisdom bought a Pronet modem. It was the cheapest of the lot.

Only gripe is i get a lot of noise (disturbance) in the telephone when the modem is ON :(
That totally sucks. I thot it happens with all modems. The other day i checked a Huawei modem provided by BSNL and that didnt have any such noise. I hate this pronet modem already :'(

Check your splitter... Either it is not working right or maybe connection is not correct....I had a malfunctioned splitter which made tel. calls unbearable but...AIRTEL replaced it free of cost...:hap2:

i think the dsl 502t is a better bet that to at a lower price than the beetel modem its much more worth it
plus u get all the xtra features....

i`d anyday perfer this to the beetel modem...
from day1 i`ve been on this modem....

only time i an other modem was on bsnl dataone when they forced me to use their modem sayin that my own modem will ruin their setup....

my vote is firmly wit dsl502t

got the D-Link GLB-502T y'day for Rs.1800, configured it and its working fine :D

thanks for your suggestions guyz :)

Back