Do all Apple products have international warranty?

TheIndian

Skilled

FK has xx days replacepment warranty, I have returned a notebook and got a another one, cost of notebook was 80+

And why go to a service center on a new product, all new products anywhere is Replacement in one week some even upto a month, just go to the retailer.

BTW Apple is international warranty, you do not need any bill for any product. You can buy it Timbuktu and get it warranted in India.

Last edited by a moderator:
FK has xx days replacepment warranty, I have returned a notebook and got a another one, cost of notebook was 80+
And why go to a service center on a new product, all new products anywhere is Replacement in one week some even upto a month, just go to the retailer.
BTW Apple is international warranty, you do not need any bill for any product. You can buy it Timbuktu and get it warranted in India.
This was suppose to be a present for somebody. I went directly to apple because I thought I could get a new piece or get the issue fixed yesterday itself, so the person I was gifting the phone to could start using it.

It sort of ruins the surprise if you gift someone a broken phone

Why are you delaying this. As she saying going - Delay breeds corruption. Call them ASAP and get a replacement. What if tomorrow you end up calling multiple time and writing emails. Save that from happening and call them today asap.
I've already initiated the return process at FK

It does work. I have 3-4 Friends who claimed warranty for US unlocked phones (4,4s and 5) here. Last i heard was i5 not sure about 5S

you have to pay one time shipment and they will get it replaced from US.
Apple SC are always happy to help.[DOUBLEPOST=1405848972][/DOUBLEPOST]@m0h1t go for FK replacement. You deserve a new phone.
Apple SC may handover a refurb phone to you. [ Depends on stock available ]

For those who need actual info and no FUD, iPhones DOES NOT have an international warranty.

Go here, select your product and country and see for yourself: http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/

Let me highlight some parts:
from: http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/iphone-english.html
Apple reserves the right to change the method by which Apple may provide warranty service to you, and your Apple Product’s eligibility to receive a particular method of service. Service will be limited to the options available in the country where service is requested. Service options, parts availability and response times may vary according to country. You may be responsible for shipping and handling charges if the Apple Product cannot be serviced in the country it is in. If you seek service in a country that is not the original country of purchase, you will comply with all applicable import and export laws and regulations and be responsible for all custom duties, V.A.T. and other associated taxes and charges. Where international service is available, Apple may repair or replace Apple Products and parts with comparable Apple Product and parts that comply with local standards.

when you select USA and iPhone, link: http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/iphone-english-mein.html
IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE AND iPAD SERVICE.
Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone and iPad to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the Apple Product.

when you select India and iPhone, link: http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/iphone-english.html
IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE AND iPAD SERVICE.
Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone and iPad to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device.

Now for people who got replacement/warranty service, because you were lucky or store was just generous. Note that Apple is known to do such stuff. Or you were just picked randomly to make you happy. There is a marketing term for it, which I can't seem to recall now. But many Apple Service Centers randomly pick customers and give them good service, even if their warranty was over. My friend got brand new MBP, after one month of warranty. Just google and you will see. However Indian Apple Service Centers are not so generous and you may not lucky all the time.

For those who need actual info and no FUD, iPhones DOES NOT have an international warranty.

Go here, select your product and country and see for yourself: http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/

Let me highlight some parts:
from: http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/iphone-english.html

when you select USA and iPhone, link: http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/iphone-english-mein.html

when you select India and iPhone, link: http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/iphone-english.html

Now for people who got replacement/warranty service, because you were lucky or store was just generous. Note that Apple is known to do such stuff. Or you were just picked randomly to make you happy. There is a marketing term for it, which I can't seem to recall now. But many Apple Service Centers randomly pick customers and give them good service, even if their warranty was over. My friend got brand new MBP, after one month of warranty. Just google and you will see. However Indian Apple Service Centers are not so generous and you may not lucky all the time.

clearly you have never demanded your rights.

Here are some facts for those who are interested.

1) My dealings with Apple service centers have been in Indian centers only,
2) All products were purchased outside India, (US, Dubai, Singapore, Malaysia).
3) A bill was NEVER produced, they followed the serial number.
4) First product serviced Ipod 1 (remember them? ) purchased in grey market in India - Item was replaced here. Never even had a bill originally
5) Last item - Ipad 2 (about 2/3 years back) - Purchased in Singapore - Replaced here,

Always never produced a bill, where asked for it, told them to check the serial number and stop wasting my time.

The key word is "may".

Anyways all this is digressing from the thread.

I told her I bought it from FK, after which she said they are not out official sellers, sometimes they sell iPhones from other regions blah blah blah.
FK is an authorised seller for ipod & ipad but not iphone.

Apple catalogue & internet resellers

I mean who would know or even imagine it does not apply for iphone (!)

I've heard of a similar story with Z2 (sent a refurb) and WSRetail IS an authorised seller for sony.

That 30 day money back gurantee works (know of a case where they refunded the full amount) and is getting more people to buy from FK, never thought we would ever see something like this in India but evidently there are some problems .

Last edited:
My post only applies to iPhones. not iPads or iPods. They carry international warranty.
You really don't get it do you, you never will. Inspite of so many others saying they got their phones done, you persist.

I gave an example of first and last, there were other products into between too, including phones duh.

Again I repeat, the key word in YOUR apple links is "MAY" look it up for what it means.

You really don't get it do you, you never will. Inspite of so many others saying they got their phones done, you persist.

I gave an example of first and last, there were other products into between too, including phones duh.

Again I repeat, the key word in YOUR apple links is "MAY" look it up for what it means.
His point is your experience is anecdotal and isn't guranteed, despite several successful exchanges.

your point about rights does not apply as you don't have any according to the fine print on apple's site.

it's a grey area, good for apple not too good/reliable for the customer (in case of a refusal).

Come to think of it this is normal in India isn't it, laws exist but they're not always applied. This means if you are aggressive you may get lucky. India is a growing market so apple will try to keep people happy whilst giving themselves room to manouver.

good i read this thread i was in danger of extrapolating ipod intl warranty to every apple product, not true as it turns out. Its ridiculous to offer an intl warranty on select devices, very misleading & exasperating.

Last edited:
His point is your experience is anecdotal and isn't guranteed, despite several successful exchanges.

your point about rights does not apply as you don't have any according to the fine print on apple's site.

it's a grey area, good for apple not too good/reliable for the customer (in case of a refusal).

Come to think of it this is normal in India isn't it, laws exist but they're not always applied. This means if you are aggressive you may get lucky. India is a growing market so apple will try to keep people happy whilst giving themselves room to manouver.

good i read this thread i was in danger of extrapolating ipod intl warranty to every apple product, not true as it turns out. Its ridiculous to offer an intl warranty on select devices, very misleading & confusing.
Everytime I went, the only thing they asked was the bill, nothing more.

About people being aggressive and demanding their rights, that is precisely what I said right in the beginning. Hell people in India don't even fight for their rights when its there. So lets not get all legalese. The legal trickery you mention is there is almost every warranty / guarantee terms of every product that exists, we don't stop buying them do we? As you pointed out, it works, I would like to hear from someone for who it did not work.

Stand up and demand your rights, fight for them if they refuse it, see how it works.

As you pointed out, it works, I would like to hear from someone for who it did not work.
Still anecdotal, just because one person was refused does not mean you will be and vice versa. See the ambiguity.

Hell people in India don't even fight for their rights when its there. So lets not get all legalese. The legal trickery you mention is there is almost every warranty / guarantee terms of every product that exists, we don't stop buying them do we? As you pointed out, it works, I would like to hear from someone for who it did not work.
The point is whether there is an international warranty or not. Thought Apple was the only company out there that offered it, but now i find its not entirely true. Technically there is no intl warranty for iphone, reality may be otherwise.

So cheaper to buy from abroad than locally and still avail local warranty.

Stand up and demand your rights, fight for them if they refuse it, see how it works.
Good but it depends on their goodwill. They retain the option to refuse. Though given the android onslaught, its in apple's interest not to attract bad publicity.

Back