Do all Apple products have international warranty?

you have to pay one time shipment and they will get it replaced from US.
Apple SC are always happy to help [ Depends on stock available ]
I can confirm that no money has been charged for US unlocked phones at Banjara hills Aptronix for Replacement. only few people are kind enough i guess. It took almost 2 weeks to replace the phone.

I don't know about other City SC.

Edit: They asked for bill.

Last edited:
I can confirm that no money has been charged for US unlocked phones at Banjara hills Aptronix for Replacement. only few people are kind enough i guess. It took almost 2 weeks to replace the phone.

I don't know about other City SC.

Yeah it depends on SC and your luck :p[DOUBLEPOST=1405874325][/DOUBLEPOST]
Edit: They asked for bill.

Maybe to confirm it is not BAD ESN/IMEI

These days Apple have become a little stingy when it comes to replacements. Technically, every product of theirs carry international warranty except the iPhone. That is because of the difference in prices in different countries. If you compare, you will find that every product of theirs is priced the same/similar in India as it is in US. All except iPhone. No one would buy an iPhone in India if they had international warranty.

As for their recent behaviour, I have seen a gradual shift. Now they really check the device when you go for RMA. Earlier, people used to take advantage of their laxity and goodwill and get new replacements when selling their old iPhones/idevices. Now they try to sort the issues and pay no heed to excuses like 'my phone is getting heated up'.

maybe because they are in decline and cant afford stellar service anymore :p. the rising android and windows phone share must be adding to their headache

These days Apple have become a little stingy when it comes to replacements. Technically, every product of theirs carry international warranty except the iPhone. That is because of the difference in prices in different countries. If you compare, you will find that every product of theirs is priced the same/similar in India as it is in US. All except iPhone. No one would buy an iPhone in India if they had international warranty.

As for their recent behaviour, I have seen a gradual shift. Now they really check the device when you go for RMA. Earlier, people used to take advantage of their laxity and goodwill and get new replacements when selling their old iPhones/idevices. Now they try to sort the issues and pay no heed to excuses like 'my phone is getting heated up'.

I agree but this is only with Apple India, Apple give unbelievable service in US/UK/HK markets. You can easily get your iphone replaced in HK if you have bought it contract free from apple US/UK.
Also you can get your old handset out of warranty replaced by apple for just 6K-7K (dont remember the exact amount).

I agree but this is only with Apple India, Apple give unbelievable service in US/UK/HK markets. You can easily get your iphone replaced in HK if you have bought it contract free from apple US/UK.
Also you can get your old handset out of warranty replaced by apple for just 6K-7K (dont remember the exact amount).

In US $269 for 5s. Even if u give them water damaged iphone :p[DOUBLEPOST=1405919319][/DOUBLEPOST]BTW guys we are going Off-topic

There is a clause regarding that too which I failed to mention.

All iPhones bought off contract have International warranty, but only in countries where there are official Apple stores, which we won't see in India till full FDI in retail is given a green signal.

All iPhones bought off contract have International warranty, but only in countries where there are official Apple stores, which we won't see in India till full FDI in retail is given a green signal.

Yes,that is true . Maybe with FDI,Apple and other devices will end up a bit cheaper.

In my (not personal) experience, whether an Apple device has international warranty may depend on whether it has a cellular radio or not. Several of my friends who had iPhones or 3G iPads were refused service as they had all purchased their devices either from the grey market or while abroad. Only one friend seems to have bucked the trend here (I attribute this to his luck)

On the other hand, a friend has his iPod classic (grey market) and a wifi only iPad mini (from USA) replaced multiple times.

Thought single brand FDI in retail is allowed, therefore apple stores in India are official.

Multi-brand isn't.

Thought single brand FDI in retail is allowed, therefore apple stores in India are official.

Multi-brand isn't.

Quoting from the source -

We have now allowed Foreign Investment up to 100 percent with the stipulation that in respect of proposals involving FDI beyond 51 per cent there will be mandatory sourcing of at least 30 per cent of the total value of the products sold would have to be done from Indian ‘small industries/village and cottage industries, artisans and craftsmen.

I don't think apple qualify for that, hence we haven't seen any official Apple stores yet.

Multi-brand isn't.
They are not 'official' apple stores. And also there is store.apple.in, it may change when they directly start selling here.

Back