Video Do Android TV Boxes/Sticks support 4K HDR streams on 3440x1440?

Dunce

Market Restricted
Disciple
Hi, I have the Alienware 3423DWF monitor which has the resolution of 3440x1440 so it's not exactly 4K. However Netflix's app or Edge can usually give me a 4K Stream on this res and it's a nice enjoyable experience. The problem is services like PrimeVideo on Windows PC only shit out a 1080p stream which looks awful and pretty much never has HDR.

I was thinking I'd add an Android device to my monitor HDMI port for the viewing experience, I know Prime Video can give a 4K Stream via Android boxes but does anyone here have experience running this kind of setup on the above resolution and getting a 4K Stream?

Thanks.

see this post - has details on what devices support 4k playback.
Hey I'm aware of that, my question was not the device but the resolution. Does Prime play 4K stream on 3440x1400 Ultrawide res display.

Hey I'm aware of that, my question was not the device but the resolution. Does Prime play 4K stream on 3440x1400 Ultrawide res display.
Long story short. No.
Aspect ratio is different between the two. 21:9 & 16:9. Unless you can use 2560x1440.
That's the only reason why I stayed away from that resolution. So hard to get everything scale well.

Back