DO : Corsair CX400 and VX550 PSUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhOeNiX

Skilled
CORSAIR CX400

3year_warranty_with_80plus.jpg

The affordable Corsair Power CX400W is not your basic power supply. It features a thermally-controlled 120mm fan for whisper quiet operation and active power factor correction circuitry for clean, reliable power output. The extra long, sleeved cables allow easy integration into a wide variety of cases, and the large number of connectors assures compatibility with nearly all components.

Corsair CX400W Features:
  • Supports the latest ATX12V v2.2 standard and is backwards compatible with ATX12V 2.01 systems.
  • Rated up to 400W of continuous power output at 40ºC
  • Extra long fully sleeved cables to support full tower chassis and assist with flexible cable routing.
  • Ultra-quiet 120mm double ball-bearing fan delivers excellent airflow at an exceptionally low noise level by varying the RPM in response to temperature.
  • High efficiency topology to ensure energy savings.
  • 99% Active Power Factor Correction provides clean and reliable power to your system.
  • Universal AC input 90~264V automatically scans and detects the correct voltage. No more hassle of flipping that red switch!
  • Dedicated single +12V rail offers maximum compatibility with latest components
  • Over Current/Voltage/Power Protection, Under Voltage Protection, and Short Circuit Protection provide maximum safety to your critical system components.
  • Standard ATX PS/2 size: 5.9"(W) x 3.4"(H) X 5.5"(L); 150mm(W) x 86mm(H) x 140mm(L)
  • MTBF: 100,000 Hours

PRICE : Rs 3200/- Plus Shipping

CORSAIR VX550

5year_warranty_with_80plus.jpg

Rock Solid Performance, Incredible Value

Unlike most power supplies in the market, the Corsair VX incorporates a single +12V power rail that delivers continuous power under heavy loads. This conservative design ensures reliable operation in today’s most demanding system configurations and adds compatibility for future platforms. The unique combination of rock solid performance and incredible value puts the Corsair VX family of power supplies in a class of its own. Ideal for home theater PCs and ENERGY STAR PCs, the VX line maximizes energy savings and minimizes noise generation thanks to double-forward switching circuitry design. Each Corsair VX power supply is backed with an industry-leading 5-year warranty and 24/7 on-demand customer service.

Corsair VX Series Features:
  • Supports the latest ATX12V v2.2 standard and is backwards compatible with ATX12V 2.01 systems.
  • Ultra-quiet 120mm double ball-bearing fan delivers excellent airflow at an exceptionally low noise level by varying the RPM in response to temperature.
  • Double-forward switching circuitry design offers maximum efficiency, up to 85% under wide load range.
  • 99% Active Power Factor Correction provides clean and reliable power to your system.
  • Universal AC input 90~264V automatically scans and detects the correct voltage. No more hassle of flipping that tiny red switch!
  • Dedicated single +12V rail offers maximum compatibility with latest components.
  • Over Current/Voltage/Power Protection, Under Voltage Protection, and Short Circuit Protection provide maximum safety to your critical system components.
  • High quality Japanese capacitors provide uncompromised performance and reliability.
  • 6 Serial ATA connectors
  • Extra long cables support full tower size chassis.
  • Standard ATX PS/2 size: 5.9"(W) x 3.4"(H) X 5.5"(L); 150mm(W) x 86mm(H) x 140mm(L)
  • MTBF: 100,000 Hours
  • Safety Approvals: UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TÃœV, CCC, C-tick.

PRICE : Rs 5750/- Plus Shipping

Warranty

CORSAIR CX400 - 3 Years

CORSAIR VX550 - 5 Years

PM me or call me for details. You can find my Messenger IDs also here PhOeNiX
NOTE : Most of you might not be knowing my cell number has changed. For my updated number , pls PM me.
Cheers

^ CX400 is still better , cm600w gives combined 30amps on +12v and 70 % efficiancy . CX400 gives same but with 80 % efficiancy .

Just from one of the forums , a quote from a Corsair representative.

It's a Seasonic-built 400W unit, fairly similar to our existing products but with a few small changes. The primary caps aren't 105C, they're 85C, but they're still spec'd to reliable brands (Nippon Chemicon, Rubycon, etc). It's also rated at 40C spec, and should be fairly inexpensive.

It's basically designed as an entry-level unit for people who don't really need huge amounts of power.

RoBoGhOsT said:
^ CX400 is still better , cm600w gives combined 30amps on +12v and 70 % efficiancy . CX400 gives same but with 80 % efficiancy .

Yeah but something odd here.

600w * 70% = 420w

400w * 80% = 320w

You decide.

First of all Kudos to Phoenix for bringing these two new SMPS to TE. :hap2:
yep CX400 is better that CM600W but price needs to come down a bit. 2.5 to 2.7K for CX400 and not more than 5K for VX550 is the right price.

But of course it's nothing against Phoenix. Given the prices of other SMPS right now, prices of CX400 and VX550 in this deal are ok. Though I still say, Extreme Power 460W Plus @ 2.4K and Real Power 550W at 4.2K are very good VMF.

Though both CX400 and VX550 are better than the competitors as far as quality is concerned.

Quite confusing reads this post :ashamed:

hmmm . yet i think entry level the cm460 for 2.4 k and less makes more sense. it should have been priced around 2.5k to be a actual killer IMO. at this price its replacing the vx450 which is not a good idea.

Ya $ is up now so prices have been raised
what abt price drop of HD 4870 to 199 USD, in that we see no diff.
last time u guys quoted newegg link for Corsair PSU prices....what abt HD 4870 , its just 199 USD and 17k here :D:D:D
Tell Tirupati, they shouldn't dictate prices, demand/supply should.

I urge ppl not to buy the above PSUs at those prices till some reconsideration is done on pricing. Cmon demand is going down everywhere and prices r falling big time all over, only in India it can increase. We are not here to make up for the losses.

I will recommemd a CM 460W at 2.4~2.5k rather than the CX 400W at 3.3k.
Sorry but thanks to Corsair and Tirupati :)

morgoth said:
That's not how it works... and this is not what efficiency means :bleh:

Yeah I am aware but thats just a rough calculation of the total power provided by the smps as output when the AC power is taken in. Though you can CM can be bad, but IMO the price is not right with corsair this time.

Price from SMC right now : 650W Pro : 6900

550W Pro : 5300

750W Pro : 7900

CM 460 - 2450

CM 600W - 3450

Mods requested to move this whole thing to a separate topic to discuss current PSU status and have this place clean :)

Thats also not how it works buddy. CM600W is nowhere close to the overall quality of corsair CX but at this price its a rip-off.:cool2:
ultimabasher said:
Yeah I am aware but thats just a rough calculation of the total power provided by the smps as output when the AC power is taken in. Though you can CM can be bad, but IMO the price is not right with corsair this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back