Do International CCs Work on NewEgg/Buy.com Etc

I have heard the Sites like NewEgg etc dont allow Indian International CC since the billing address is Indian inspite of having an actual US Shipping address.
Can anyone cofirm this or Vice Versa

Nope they don't accept. Even an Indian paypal account won't work on NewEgg. But Amazon accepts international CCs. :)

So the best option is to look for something on eBay or Amazon.

Yeah only amazon accepts International CC for now. Bty is there any Workaround/Activiation required from the VISA/MasterCard end or is it just based on the whole Billing Address thing.

@apextwin: If you are working somewhere and have a "Amex" card (Corporate card), use that and settle the amount yourself. :)
Works!

Thanks Sarang,Unfortunately i dont have an AMEX card, i was under the impression that International CCs would be more than sufficient :(
But just a Query wouldnt Amex have an Indian Billing Address too? The problem is when we enter the Billing Address India dsnt show up as an option.

The sites that accept only CC payment option usually have a seperate Tab for Billling Address, so you cant circumvent it, If indian aint an option Then what address do you give as an Billing Address?
For Eg Loserkids.com , You have to enter a Billing Address before you proceed and it cant be Indian.
Bty is it necessary for the Billing Address mentioned in Site to Match the Billing Address of the CC?(Stupid i knw but still)

^^yeah, i was also thinking about it, what if we enter the us/uk shipping address as billing address. why do they care about billing address, they should simply take money and deliver the products to the given shipping address :p

^^ Yes as thts one of the security features a CC company uses to verify you're the actual card holder and not some fraud. But its not the entire address but some part of it thts used for authentication, maybe the pin/ZIP code or the house no. which is generally unique to that address. Had that not been the case, you wouldn't have made this thread in the first place and just used your shipping address as your billing address :p

My doubt stemmed from the fact that Sarang was able to use his US Office Address as Billing Address , even i can do the same but need to knw how exactly to pull it off :p

Oops Sorry for that i missed out the Corporate thing :ashamed: .. Thanks for the inputs guys i will try to lok for someone with it.
Apart from AMEX (& Ebay/Amazon) there isnt any other way out right?

There might be other options available but Ebay & Amazon are your best bets. Amazon again, if its an individual or a reseller item, then there might be issues with international shipping. And be sure to get in touch with the seller on ebay before buying/bidding as some of them object to sending items to an address different than the billing address even if its a US card and a US address.

Back