Do not call "1098" to donate left over food.

medpal

Resident Medic
Skilled
There was recent chain mail, asking you to call the child helpline "1098", If there is leftover food after a party they will collect and distribute to the needy kids.

This is a big lie.

"1098" is helpline for the children in distress for rescue, managed by chileline india organization and supported by GOI and State Governments and various NGOs.

here is a screenshot of the website.
Clipboard01.jpg

So if you receive this kind of mail trash it and inform originator about the truth. And also some precious men hours.

Hehe Bhavin, looks like Ahmedabad is really behind the time line as far as spam mail goes, received this 2-3 years back :)

Got it from an ignorant friend with some 300-400 people in CC list, replied all with the website :)

i got it again this week apparently from TE friend itself.

BTE you forgot i am not in Ahmedabad :under: :bleh:

this is just to bring to every ones notice, so that someone who innocently does not call the helpline, imagine the plight of call centre executive. cheers.

Why would anyone donate left-overs to any third party, when you can go to the local temple and hand out the food yourself.God only knows how any third party might be storing all that left-over food. I would hate it if a child or any needy person fell ill because of "left-overs". Better would be to hand out the food to any needy person yourself. At least you know that you stored the food carefully, and are giving a healthy (if not nutritious, as most party food is far from nutritious) meal to someone in need.

phoenix844884 said:
Why would anyone donate left-overs to any third party, when you can go to the local temple and hand out the food yourself.God only knows how any third party might be storing all that left-over food. I would hate it if a child or any needy person fell ill because of "left-overs". Better would be to hand out the food to any needy person yourself. At least you know that you stored the food carefully, and are giving a healthy (if not nutritious, as most party food is far from nutritious) meal to someone in need.

Easier said than done....At our place even though a better food was handover to the needy...the needy next day created a scene saying their child got ill becoz of the food....and demanded 500 buks from the person....

It made even ppl like me frighten enough even to help ppl thinking we might face the trouble.

look for temples, old age homes, shelter houses, orphanages and ask them whether they accept food.

Mostly its wise to give away dry sweets, Sabji (as it is cooked less likely to get spoiled within few hours). Dry Farsan.

Mostly there are persons who are more than happy to serve the left over even if they are not in the organizing family / group, contact them and they will guide you.

The sick child trick isn't new.....some still continue to do it as they know they'll get the money......
Better suggest to take them to the hospital for some injections.....that'll scare the frauds

Back