OC & Modding Do U Want To Get Your Bios Modded???

SCSI

Adept
Well now that i have learnt the art of bios modding (aalthough a little :eek:hyeah: )
and have successfully modded my K8N NEO PLaTINUM's BIOS (to reveal 5xHT multiplier and Vcore Special control upto 18.3%) I think I can try modding sum other's BIOS (Right now all I can do is to reveal hidden menus of bios and hidden controls).

SO If u want then I will do :eek:hyeah: :)

NOTE: YOU WILL HAVE TO TAKE THE RISK OF FLASHING THE MODDED BIOS. AND IF BY CHANCE (ALTHOUGH VERY RARE) UR MOBO DISAPPROVES TO BOOT OR GOES DEAD I WON'T BE RESPONSIBLE :hap5:

Why dont you create a guide to help other members do the same instead? That'll be more beneficial I guess as the person knows how exactly to do the same.

SCSI:Using the AWARD bios editor to unlock hidden controls in the bios is, well, child's play.Make a bootable floppy with the award editor and ur bios file,edit,save and flash.
Its when you have to merge bioses ,use hex editing etc. that the trick begins and that can't be done so easily.
A good example of such enginerring would be the A7N8X-X bios that used part of the DFI NFII BIOS code to unlock previously unavailable multipliers.(I posted the link to PC Perspective forums where it is hosted in the cpu/mobo section)
No offense,but there is a difference between bios editing and real bios modding.
Worthy effort though.
PS:From ur guide it seems that you did indeed dabble in hex editing.Nice :cool2: but if all you want is to unlock hidden features, using award bios editor is far simpler.Its got a nice interface as well.Hex-editing is needed only in more complex ops on the BIOS file(s).

undertaker said:
SCSI:Using the AWARD bios editor to unlock hidden controls in the bios is, well, child's play.Make a bootable floppy with the award editor and ur bios file,edit,save and flash.
Its when you have to merge bioses ,use hex editing etc. that the trick begins and that can't be done so easily.
A good example of such enginerring would be the A7N8X-X bios that used part of the DFI NFII BIOS code to unlock previously unavailable multipliers.(I posted the link to PC Perspective forums where it is hosted in the cpu/mobo section)
No offense,but there is a difference between bios editing and real bios modding.
Worthy effort though.
PS:From ur guide it seems that you did indeed dabble in hex editing.Nice :cool2: but if all you want is to unlock hidden features, using award bios editor is far simpler.Its got a nice interface as well.Hex-editing is needed only in more complex ops on the BIOS file(s).

I have tried to make it as simple as possible, more over hex editors are known to mod bios successfully.

And upon merging modded file into bios, Download the toolBox and its also a child's play

Just out of curiosity, why would MSI or any other motherboard manufacturer hide certain BIOS options in the first place? I would think that a manufacturer would definately want all the options to be available as it would garner more support from the OC'ing community

Thats something that escapes me too.The ATi refrence board reviewed on Anandtech was a very good oc'er but the MSI board on the same chipset was a dud as it had no oc options.Why?I don't know.What I do know is that given the chance now I'll buy DFI or Epox.May be ASUS coz my experiences with this A7N8X-X have been mixed.For one,it doesn't overclock well without a modded bios,derived from the dfi nf2 boards.LOL.

Crazy_Eddy said:
Just out of curiosity, why would MSI or any other motherboard manufacturer hide certain BIOS options in the first place? I would think that a manufacturer would definately want all the options to be available as it would garner more support from the OC'ing community

Well in order to amaze you I must tell U even in DFI nF3 UT VDimms from 3.3 to 4V are hidden and that's why modded bios float around. No one (just no one) can add new menus or options to a BIOS, All modders jus reveal hidden options.

Why mobo comapnies hide options???

Simple, they certainly don't want u to go to them with burnt mobo (or may b RAM or CPU) and RMA it :hap5:
So happy modding :rofl:

Back