"Do you have XYZ Credit Card?" Thread

I got my Amazon pay ICICI credit card couple of day's back. When I tried to enable it through the I-mobile ICICI app I was unable to do as it flashed a message that my phone number was not linked to Internet banking and I need to have a savings account in order to register. I tried their website to check if there is any way of enabling the card but I couldn't find anything. Called up customer care and they were clueless and asked to wait for 5 days to get back.
Strange that I have other credit cards which does not ask for savings account. Any of you faced this issue and any workaround for this to enable the card?
Also I tried their IVR and it went up to registerig my DOB but at the end told that my phone number is not regiterd for Internet banking.

I got my Amazon pay ICICI credit card couple of day's back. When I tried to enable it through the I-mobile ICICI app I was unable to do as it flashed a message that my phone number was not linked to Internet banking and I need to have a savings account in order to register. I tried their website to check if there is any way of enabling the card but I couldn't find anything. Called up customer care and they were clueless and asked to wait for 5 days to get back.
Strange that I have other credit cards which does not ask for savings account. Any of you faced this issue and any workaround for this to enable the card?
Also I tried their IVR and it went up to registerig my DOB but at the end told that my phone number is not regiterd for Internet banking.
Is the number your calling IVR same as the number linked to your ICICI Amazon pay card?

Also Iirc there was a different desk for Amazon ICICI support . Try their number.

Check Google or ask Amazon customer service to give their direct number .

Yes, the mobile number is same. The IVR even mentioned my last four digits of the card but got stuck and mentioned that Internet banking option is not enabled. Basically it seems like I need to have an SB account with Internet login credentials and after login I need to enable the credit card.

Will check Amazon if they have a dedicated support for ICICI. I did check google but not did not find anything for this particular problem.

Yes, the mobile number is same. The IVR even mentioned my last four digits of the card but got stuck and mentioned that Internet banking option is not enabled. Basically it seems like I need to have an SB account with Internet login credentials and after login I need to enable the credit card.

Will check Amazon if they have a dedicated support for ICICI. I did check google but not did not find anything for this particular problem.
For ICICI you don't need savings account to create Netbanking credentials. You can register with your credit card (For customers with credit card but no savings account). Once you get your user id / password, download iMobile App, login and voila you should be set.

Screenshot 2023-12-27 101841.png

P.S: Speaking from personal experience

For ICICI you don't need savings account to create Netbanking credentials. You can register with your credit card (For customers with credit card but no savings account). Once you get your user id / password, download iMobile App, login and voila you should be set.

View attachment 186447

Ok. So I need to wait for my user id password to be sent separately. Strange ICICI did not mention anything about this as I received only the card with a mention that I need to login with I-mobile app. Let me check with customer care again.

View attachment 186447

Also, Please set you credit card pin if not done already, that will activate the Credit Card as per RBI guidelines and do a first debit and credit txn of small amounts (add inr 1 to paytm wallet) just to be sure.
Ok. So I need to wait for my user id password to be sent separately. Strange ICICI did not mention anything about this as I received only the card with a mention that I need to login with I-mobile app. Let me check with customer care again.
No you don't need to wait. Go to icici website and click on Login --> New User and enter your CC details to get your user id. You should be able to set your password during the same process, if not, just forget-password and set a new one.

Screenshot 2023-12-27 103636.png

I had a relative who had a dormant ICICI salary account and couldn't login into the credit card portal as it asked for the bank account credentials everytime which he couldn't use as the account was dormant. At the end of the day, customer care couldn't resolve it either as it seems the only option was to activate and then close the account by visiting the branch.

However, what was possible was to activate the new card over IVR. ICICI has a messed up integration.

In my case it was another co-branded icici card & I got my user id from icici customer care after multiple calls. If you can generate user id nowadays then that's better because icici typical customer care (not the amazonpay one) takes a lot of waiting time & you need to clearly make them understand that you want user id without holding a savings acc because you got icici credit card.

Back