Do you know this PLANT? Kidney Stone Crusher ???

Emperor

Skilled
Hi, looking for Original & Effective Pattharchatta/Kidney Stone Crusher plant (below all 3 images are of one plant only & I'm looking for same).

I search with near by Plant Nursery but all says don't have, same as looking by me, but some different/matching (But I know that, the near/mathcing plant also known as Patthatchatta but have less or zero medicinal effect.)

Do any one of you know this before this post and know how to use it and for what?
Please do not write what is there on Google or other Search engines. I'm looking for some real information from local/old/knowledge folks.

Found EXACT plant at Amazon, Jio Mart & at Meesho, but very costly and don't know whom to trust that they will deliver ORIGINAL, as all 3 have No Rerun for.

for Plant Medicinal Research Information, please click here

patthar-chatta-original-2.jpg

patthar-chatta-original-3.jpg

patthar-chatta-original-4.jpg

PS: Please note that whatever I post here is my personal experience & trust. Not a systematic medicinal/medical research.

Last edited:
I'm no expert in plants but I did saw it in one of the malls I recently visited during Christmas.
Where did you see it? You can very well ask the people around that mall or office they will find the gardener or can get the name from him.

I'm no expert in plants but I did saw it in one of the malls I recently visited during Christmas.
Where did you see it? You can very well ask the people around that mall or office they will find the gardener or can get the name from him.
I received information of this from one youtube video, while searching home/ayurvedic remedies for Kidney Stone. I visit nursery with this image but they have some thing different that are similar to this but NOT EXACTLY. Also the Authentic Plant, flowering once in year only, while other 2-3 near by match either do not have flower or flowering throughout year.

I received information of this from one youtube video, while searching home/ayurvedic remedies for Kidney Stone. I visit nursery with this image but they have some thing different that are similar to this but NOT EXACTLY. Also the Authentic Plant, flowering once in year only, while other 2-3 near by match either do not have flower or flowering through out year.
Plants selling sites can definitely help you here. I will suggest contacting them with the pics and they will have the answer. Do mention it's for medicinal purpose as instead of wasting time they can look into the right category.

Plants selling sites can definitely help you here. I will suggest contacting them with the pics and they will have the answer. Do mention it's for medicinal purpose as instead of wasting time they can look into the right category.
I do contact 2 but they send image of other plant (little different than above post image) that either have less effective or non-effective. so looking for genuine information and also wish to cross-check with any real users here on TE.

Following is widely available @Rs.60/- with each & every plant-nursery/online (but is less or zero effect)
I'm not doctor or researcher but posting my personal user experience here (also taking clue from youtube video)
patthatchatta-wrong.jpg

Last edited:
Its bhopal, mp.
Is it possible for you to get more medicinal information about this plant and if possible actual image of same. Before buy, just wish to get authentic information about medicinal uses & plant image (as lot of similar near by varieties are available of same plant in market & 99% sellers just nod head in yes, no matter what your question is !!!

Last edited:
Is it possible for you to get more medicinal information about this plant and if possible actual image of same. Before buy, just wish to get authentic information about medicinal uses & plant image (as lot of similar near by varieties are available of same plant in market & 99% sellers just nod head in yes, no matter what is your question is)
unfortunately i can't help you in getting more medicinal info, but i found this link which may be of some help to you.
its hindi name is patharchatta.

https://pharmeasy.in/blog/ayurveda-uses-benefits-side-effects-of-patharchatta/

unfortunately i can't help you in getting more medicinal info, but i found this link which may be of some help to you.
its hindi name is patharchatta.

https://pharmeasy.in/blog/ayurveda-uses-benefits-side-effects-of-patharchatta/
... but the image show in above pharmeasy article is widely available variety of Pattharchatta but it's not the SAME PLANT that have highly medicinal effect.

I wish to confirm BOTH i.e. exact Plant & it's uses, this is the main reason of posting here.. anyway thanks for your genuine help and time.

@Emperor
The plant is called Bryophyllum aka patharchatta.

Buy here

1704803487839.png

@Emperor
The plant is called Bryophyllum aka patharchatta.

Buy here

View attachment 187637
Hi, same plant available at Rs.60/- with all plant-nursery & I too have this at home, but it's not (same as what I post in OP), people actually got wrong information and buying this (same plant what you post) and than complaint that Ayurvedic Medicine didn't work, but this is not the plant that have medicinal Effect.

We too at home have same since last 5 years, but I never got result and 2 yrs. back came to know that this hurb is NOT ORIGINAL PATTHATCHATTA that have MEDICINAL PROPERTY and just 2-3 days before accidently came across youtube video and got info about correct/actual plant.

Even at my native place, 2 out of 3 house have planted this plant.

thanks for your suggestions, help & time, much appreciative.

Last edited:
Hi, same plant available at Rs.60/- with all plant-nursery & I too have this at home, but it's not (same as what I post in OP), people actually got wrong information and buying this (same plant what you post) and than complaint that Ayurvedic Medicine didn't work, but this is not the plant that have medicinal Effect.

We too at home have same since last 5 years, but I never got result and 2 yrs. back came to know that this hurb is NOT ORIGINAL PATTHATCHATTA that have MEDICINAL PROPERTY and just 2-3 days before accidently came across youtube video and got info about correct/actual plant.

Even at my native place, 2 out of 3 house have planted this plant
But thats what its there on the net "Bryophyllum aka patharchatta."
May be its not made for Indian soil as its a Mediterranean plant or only grows in certain select places such as @Navier zone where the climate is just perfect for it.
I too have tried many plants at home, they do grow just like any normal plant does but gives no flowers or fruits as for giving such outputs the climatic conditions should match the plants requirements.

You can try a nursery which also sells fertilizers as sometimes fertilizers act as steroids and outputs the plant. esp. flowers and fruits. Thats something we tried on few plants but then its totally addictive and plants dependency on such steroids. This has been agreed by the nurseries as well.
I have a normal rose plant which never gives flowers unless we supply it with fertilizers but same plant planted in other pot lives just fine. Strange but true.

Last edited:
@nRiTeCh, yes I agree with you about fertilizer & plant growth. But the Effective Pattharchatta Plant (I posted in my first thread) have narrow width & long length leaves, while popularly available less effective patthatchatta plant have wide but short length leaves.

There are small ayurvedic establishments who have their own nursery and make their own medicine. Maybe get the medicine through them?

But thats what its there on the net "Bryophyllum aka patharchatta."
May be its not made for Indian soil as its a Mediterranean plant or only grows in certain select places such as @Navier zone where the climate is just perfect for it.
I too have tried many plants at home, they do grow just like any normal plant does but gives no flowers or fruits as for giving such outputs the climatic conditions should match the plants requirements.

You can try a nursery which also sells fertilizers as sometimes fertilizers act as steroids and outputs the plant. esp. flowers and fruits. Thats something we tried on few plants but then its totally addictive and plants dependency on such steroids. This has been agreed by the nurseries as well.
I have a normal rose plant which never gives flowers unless we supply it with fertilizers but same plant planted in other pot lives just fine. Strange but true.
About fertilizers etc. I think, we grow plants in Pots and thus deprived pot soil from all natural dilutions (like dead bug, mosquito, earthworms, birds/animal shit/urine, dried leaves/flowers etc. that provide natural fertilizers to soil).
In villages, in olden days, people said to pay Banjaras/Tribal's to keep/halt their 100's of domestic Animals on farm land for 15-30 days (once in a year) to get farm soil all nutrition from Animal stool/urine.

Finally I place order with Amazon for plant Rs.199/-, seller posted prefect picture of "Pattharchatta/Stone Crusher" that have Medicinal Value to crush kidney stone effectively.
Ordered for plant that have "Narrow Width" & "Long Length" Leaf. Finger crossed and expect seller will not send "Regular Pattharchatta Plant" that do not have much medicinal value and available with each & every plant nursery for Rs.60/- (along with pot & soil)

In case OP is sufferring from pain due to kidney stones, feel free to DM me.
The patharchatta plant is not as effective for immediate relief. There are other options.

Back