Do you think Modi can bring change if given chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

avi

Skilled
What do you guys think ? Can problem of corruption solved with top down approach ? Can one person bring all changes ? And can India prosper under Modi's ruling ?

I think these discussions are waste of time my friend. Wherever you live in the world, you are always vulnerable and death can come any moment in form of terrorist activites/fights/property disputes/accidents. Its better to accept that human beings are ephemeral and vulnerable and then decide to live happily amidst all uncertainty. Cheers :D

What do you guys think ? Can problem of corruption solved with top down approach ? Can one person bring all changes ? And can India prosper under Modi's ruling ?
LOL

(Because you said corruption, solved, and Modi in the same post).

Change should be, for once start worrying about the nation's economy rather than your own. Congress seems to lack in that part.

From what I feel ANYTHING is better than congress at the moment.

We don't know he could do it or not, But we wont be able to know the answer to question if we don't give him a chance. So IMO he deserves a chance.

What would happen at worst? UPA have already ****ed up the country.

I think, yes a little bit. But full change is impossible.

There are many reasons for it...
1. There's a proverb in almost all Indian Languages, anyone who goes to Lanka, becomes Raavan. It's true.
2. Our system is Party based. One can't be a minister or MLA or anything if he / she doesn't belongs from a party. So one person's mentality cannot be always same with that of party.
3. Everyone is same, be it any party. It's not US, or UK. They do anything, but when it comes to country, opposition and ruling party both fight for the country instead of corruption. Here in India this is not the case.
4. Elaborating #1 and #2, within your party, when everyone is wrong, you can't make significance changes, as you'll be dethroned from being a PM next day.So PM also doesn't have supreme power. The supreme power is in party's hand.

See, many of us, including me also think that we can bring some change. But believe me, until we become educated, and start understanding situations instead of mugging what is going on or other's belief we also can't do anything. Consider situations where you given a chance to change, if all the peoples around you are into corruption, then they will make you corrupted too, either way. By false allegations or by order from your superior or anything else.

But I'm not one of them who thinks, one person can't do anything, But it's the bitter truth. You can't change much, either you'll be killed, or pressurized, or transferred, or 1000's of other things which are happening around us.

But as said by others above, presently anything is better than Congress, and we should give him a chance to see what he can do. But we need to be part of that too, he can't change every single person out there.

But still you see, there is 90% of chance for Congress now too, as they will lure every villagers away for votes and all, and don't forget, educated people and city are nothing in comparing to villages which comprises 90% of India. Where they don't get food, clothes or any other facilities. So it's too easy to lure them.

Modi come following things will happen
1) Corruption cases against all congress will be opened
2) Corruption cases against all BJP an left will be closed
3) Modi will d0 2% of what he says in 4 yr, and 20% in 5th year

I really don't like people who "Garajte jyada hia", i really want some intelligent, patient, polite and smart PM for my India, no matter to whosoever party he belongs.

Will Modi get a chance..? The opposition is currently so divided, it might be entirely possible that Congress will come back to power, and Rahul Gadha will be our next PM. God save us then.. If Modi does get a chance, that itself would be much better than the current situation. Changes will happen. But,
Can problem of corruption solved with top down approach ?
Corruption and solved cannot be used in one sentence. No.
Can one person bring all changes ?
Definitely no. He can try (not really saying that he will try - he is also not free of corruption); but it won't work with the way politics works.
And can India prosper under Modi's ruling ?
It is a long long way to prosperity. At least we can hope that conditions will improve.

Modi is surely better than the Congress chaps for sure. Will he do something better - cant say.

Can he do changes - yes. Will it be the best he can do - cant say.

Unless we usher in better people in politics, India wont change. We have all parties fighting for themselves - not for the country.

If Modi was a magician and had a magic wand, probably. To change the whole corrupt country in a few years time would require a miracle. Just remember, it took Congress 40+ years just to loot the country. There's still plenty of money around. And plenty of corruption. You just can't wish these things away in a year or two.

The fact that people compare Modi (one person) to the entire Congress (a party) is alone proof enough that he is worse than Congress, and has just good PR agents who've built him a good image. Otherwise, we would be comparing BJP/RSS vs. Congress.

Both are worse choices, BJP even more so because they also include hate with greed, whereas Congress is satisfied with only greed.

Right - lets compare Modi to Rahul OR Manmohan then. And what do we have? We are back at square one.

Power corrupts and no politician is immune to it completely. But with the Congress - they have more corrupt chaps. And we have seen that the origin of the hate/split politics and all is the Congress. Even a few days back - they wanted to allow corrupt chaps to continue through an ordinance.

For me it's really damn simple - Congress were given 10years and at the end of it, it's pretty clear where this country has gone.

As a recent article beautifully termed it "India's lost decade" iirc.

If i Were to compare BJP's Ruling(1999-2004) and Congress ruling(2004-2013) BJP has done better Development and Corruption was Way way lower than what you see now Its like then 1:10 now.

Indian Economy was never Bad, Chidambaram and his co Pranob mutherjee made it shit by favoring Crooks who are so called millionaires right now..

I have Noticed what MODI has done in Gujarat not through media but through people over there. I Don't Expect him to do Change the whole country within 10 years but give a better governance so that you don't hit your head hard to the wall everytime Like you used to do during UPA ruling.

After the Gujarat riot, when asked if he regretted the riots, Modi's answer that even if a "puppy comes under the wheel of a car, one felt sad."
When Rajiv Gandhi was asked to apologize for Sikh riots, he said "When a Big Tree falls, the Earth Shakes. The killing of Sikhs is justified because Indira Gandhi Died."

So, what choices do we have really.

After the Gujarat riot, when asked if he regretted the riots, Modi's answer that even if a "puppy comes under the wheel of a car, one felt sad."
When Rajiv Gandhi was asked to apologize for Sikh riots, he said "When a Big Tree falls, the Earth Shakes. The killing of Sikhs is justified because Indira Gandhi Died."

So, what choices do we have really.
Yeah, Rajiv Gandhi got away with the 1984 massacre, and now Modi wants to repeat the same by coming to power. Both parties are crooks and won't leave any stone unturned to come to power, and then retain it in whatever way possible.

As an atheist and a secular humanist, I can never support a religious nationalist and a fundamentalist. Corruption is a major challenge, but even more so in the inter-mingling of state and religion. Congress is selectively communal, but hide under the pretext of secualarism, whereas BJP are open about their communal stance. When the opposition itself is such, the choices are very limited.

That is one of the main reasons why I wish to see a push for third-front. They won't win immediately, but over the course of time, even if they could somehow manage to get themselves into the opposition, it would be a far better political landscape than just Congress and BJP bickering over who wants to stay in power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back