Do you use custom firmware for router? Like OpenWRT.

Navier

Disciple
I am thinking about adding a router that supports OpenWRT like Archer C6 and use my existing isp router as a bridge. I also want to run wireguard on the router.
Anyone have any experience regarding it?

I recently un-retired my a6 v3 and re305 v3 to try out open wrt and have been blown away by the performance. Much better than how they used to be, and the tenda mw3 that replaced them

Well, performance can't really increase beyond what the hardware is capable of so it's nearly identical to stock BUT the stability and feature expandability is hugely better.
Also you can find a plethora to tutorials on youtube for your task and there's documentation as well.

In my case the stock firmware must have been poor because range, page load speeds and DHCP ip assignment have all improved significantly

Question. Does open wrt allows you to save internet login credentials? I plan to flash an old Archer C6. The built in software did not allow it.

Question. Does open wrt allows you to save internet login credentials? I plan to flash an old Archer C6. The built in software did not allow it.

Every router which is sold in last 10 years, is capable of saving internet credentials using PPPoE option.
I am guessing your router is configured as Dynamic IP and then login using the ISP webpage.
Switch the connection mode to PPPoE with credentials and you will never required to open ISP webpage.

Yes, used on 2 archer c6u. Stable, lots of features but you can't manage the router remotely with tplink app. That's the only downside.

Back