Doctor needed: Feet pain everytime I walk. My doc says it's because I have flat feet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikhil

Skilled
I have had this problem for many years now. Definitely since 2002. That was when I started noticing it.

Everytime I walk briskly (which is my normal way of walking. I rarely walk slowly), my feet start paining like crazy. They feel like they are on fire.

It doesnt matter how long I walk.

funny thing is, it isnt regular. Sometimes it pains and sometimes it doesnt hurt at all. I have spoken to my ortho abt it and he says it's because I have flat feet. He hasnt been able to give any solution.

Any of you guys know of a solution ? It is bloody irritating. I am fat and I need to jog/run a zillion miles a day to lose weight but because of this, I am not able to do anything properly.

even in college, if I walk a bit briskly, it starts paining.

I recently bought a pair of sandals. Everytime I wear that and walk, my feet never hurt. I wish I could use this for walking/jogging but I cant cause they dont cushion my feet and if I persist, my stress fracture could come back to haunt me :p

This is very frustrating and till now, no one has been able to give me a solution.

RiO said:
When you seek online consultation, it's clear you spend too much time on the internet :D

lol... that is true.

But it is a question of laziness :p

Too lazy to make an appointment with the doctor and go meet him :p

And this is something for which I dont really need to meet a doc. And maybe someone here has had a similar problem and may have a solution :p

@Nikhil: ur Weight is the Root Cause for the problem

i had a Similar issue,lost some Weight & the problem never came back

trick is to loose Weight but Not Drastically but the Right way :eek:hyeah:

Weight! (a li'l on the 'over' side) thats my first guess too. :ashamed:

for a lazy bum like u, this is the best solution. :p

Nikhil said:
funny thing is, it isnt regular. Sometimes it pains and sometimes it doesnt hurt at all.
if it follows a regular (timely) pattern, perhaps its just ur manstrual cycle? :lol:

Hmmm.... from what I can remember of you, you didn't strike me as being overweight to the extent that you'd be suffering from foot pain. Maybe you've changed since we last met?

I'd go with KK's advice or you could try swimming. No exertion(atleast due to your weight) on the feet there.

Flat feet does cause this problem - and if it flat feet get the right shoes/soles it does reduce the problem to a great extent.

I also had the same problem when i was in 7th standard, doctor asked me to wear a shoe with a small arch in the sole, i used that shoe for about 2 years, and after that i never had any problem till now. Actually after 2 years i could make out the small curve in feet, i guess i don't have flat feet anymore.

ha hey man i lose my : weight 45 pound 8 motnhs ago berfore i was 98 kg :bleh:

i became normal 65 kg :p due you cycling and no food at 3 week :p

but i became fine now :p and health is fine

i solve my own problem i never ask any doctor for any help :p

doctor asked me to wear a shoe with a small arch in the sole, i used that shoe for about 2 years, and after that i never had any problem till now.

Sounds painful. Also, this shatters my beliefs that our feet are made out of stronger stuff if it takes just two years to deform err... reform them.

For goodness, please go to your doctor. The best reason that I could give that even I was tempted to offer a few tips....but thought better of it....many may not do so and just get you confused in the end.

6pack said:
u could cycle and loose weight too! i mean those exercycles which stand in one place?

Yeah.... they are boring as hell !!

TheMask said:
Weight! (a li'l on the 'over' side) thats my first guess too. :ashamed:

for a lazy bum like u, this is the best solution. :p
VLCC ?? Never. That involves dieting man !! Impossible for me :p
Ck Nish said:
Hmmm.... from what I can remember of you, you didn't strike me as being overweight to the extent that you'd be suffering from foot pain. Maybe you've changed since we last met?

I'd go with KK's advice or you could try swimming. No exertion(atleast due to your weight) on the feet there.
I have put on a lot of weight.

And I do go swimming regularly. But it's winter now and it's too cold to enter the damn pool :p
TheIndian said:
Flat feet does cause this problem - and if it flat feet get the right shoes/soles it does reduce the problem to a great extent.

How do I get the right shoes/soles ?

Saiyan said:
I also had the same problem when i was in 7th standard, doctor asked me to wear a shoe with a small arch in the sole, i used that shoe for about 2 years, and after that i never had any problem till now. Actually after 2 years i could make out the small curve in feet, i guess i don't have flat feet anymore.

Thanks man. So much more useful than that abooooooooooo's useless post :p

Ck Nish said:
Sounds painful. Also, this shatters my beliefs that our feet are made out of stronger stuff if it takes just two years to deform err... reform them.

nope not painfull at all, it reduced all my pains infact, i didn't bother to check whether the arche was reformed or not , just kept wearing it. It was my school shoe actually.

Also the doctor told me to walk on the beach sand, but i didn't do it coz, beach was too far away from my house :p

Nikhil said:
How do I get the right shoes/soles ?

u have to get it custom made re.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back