Graphic Cards Does 3ds MAX use GPU for rendering ?

Sylar

Disciple
i have a Q6600 2.4
4 Gb XMS3 1600 Mhz
win -7
CM EP 600W
MSI 5770 Hawk
when i render Videos on 3ds max , in HD , the CPU's are on 100% load and core temp goes UPto 67 Degrees.
But GPU remains at 37 Degree.
does 3ds max use GPU for rendering ?
is there a way of doing so to reduce the time for rendering ?????

IIRC, only Nvidia GPU (with CUDA support) and some Nvidia plugins (iray i think) for 3DS Max, accelerates rendering. Same can't be done with AMD GPUs unless you have a workstation cards like FirePro/FireGL series. i may be wrong :p

naa, no workstation here... :'(

is there another way of decreasing time of rendering without compromizing Quality ?

Sylar said:
is there another way of decreasing time of rendering without compromizing Quality ?
gpu is not used by 3dmax when rendering.
some of the newer renderers are still working on this technology that will use gpu for animation but its kinda in beta stage. will take quite long to actually come out. octane render can be used but only for still images & you will need to export your entire scene into octane which really doesnt make a lot of sense.
Octane Render - The Interactive Physically Based Render Engine

there is no other option, you need more cpu power to render faster.

Sylar said:
Only CPU will be your lucky charm. As i said, NVIDIA Geforce/Tesla/Quadro uses iRay to accelerate rendering. With Tesla GPU, rendering can be 6X faster than a single quad core CPU. :)

Back