Does Airtel support DSL Bonding (MLPPP)?

What I need: Atleast 8 mbps Download and 4 mbps Upload for 1080p Skype video calls.
What I have now: 8 mbps Download but only 0.5 mbps upload. (Airtel)

I have no option of ISPs such as ACT which can offer 4+mbps of upload speed. Only Airtel or BSNL.

So i did some research and found that we can combine/bond multiple DSL connections (at ISP end by MLPPP) to increase the bandwidth.

Any idea if Airtel supports DSL bonding (in Bangalore)? Or do you guys have any suggestions about how I can get 4+ mbps of upload speeds..?

Usually, these features are retained for business customers and wont be cheap. And they - Airtel should have this, but you need this at your end too. Its a type of LAGG.

That reminds me, ask them OR other ISPs about VDSL and FTTH plans. ASUS has a new VDSL router - I was looking into the specs, plans would be expensive, but should have the speeds you need without splurging for a leased line for your requirments. FTTH will also give you the speeds needed.

No VDSL. No FTTH!

I don't want to be a jerk by cribbing but its really frustrating to see that there has been no progress in Broadband connectivity even in a city like Bangalore while we have access to at least 50 mbps connection in even a very small 'village' in US :-(

No VDSL. No FTTH!

I don't want to be a jerk by cribbing but its really frustrating to see that there has been no progress in Broadband connectivity even in a city like Bangalore while we have access to at least 50 mbps connection in even a very small 'village' in US :-(
Dude you are comparing Developing country with Developed country...!!
You will be ofcourse disappointed .

USA had Independence for more than 200yrs...... we had only 66yrs..... thts a lot of gap to cover up...... of course we r not doing the best we can...... but its still in 'Development'..... cant compare....

Dude you are comparing Developing country with Developed country...!!
You will be ofcourse disappointed .

I spoke to him, he is in proper B'lore. Or at least close enough, I did not get the exact locality. I expect Metros to have good connectivity at the very least!

Back