Does anyone ever made good deal in TE Market ??

As @BIKeINSTEIN mentioned , TE Market Section was always about letting go old hardware etc for a reasonable / sensible cost and making some great friends than what it has become now . It has also helped in getting non-TE friends fair value for their phones,gadgets etc for resale instead of them giving it for unreasonably cheap prices to dealers / shop owners by eliminating middle man , to the point that most friends who are not on TE would just hand over stuff to you expecting to get fair value from the forums.

Such were the prices and deals that thread could see "sold " update within few minutes in old threads instead of bumping them for weeks or months =)).

I still remember travelling all the way from Navi Mumbai to Juhu to collect Altec Lansing VS4121 from @memories_dv for a dirt cheap price or travelling to Kurla station to meet @nukeu666 and hand over a memory card. All of these guys are friends now.

TE Market section has also taught me the art of packing most gadgets , hardware etc in bulletproof manner to ensure no hassles for buyer. More than 100+ deals , 100% positive feedback - I can say a lot of great mutually beneficial deals have been done on TE for sure.

As @BIKeINSTEIN mentioned , TE Market Section was always about letting go old hardware etc for a reasonable / sensible cost and making some great friends than what it has become now . It has also helped in getting non-TE friends fair value for their phones,gadgets etc for resale instead of them giving it for unreasonably cheap prices to dealers / shop owners by eliminating middle man , to the point that most friends who are not on TE would just hand over stuff to you expecting to get fair value from the forums.

Appreciate that Part

Frankly I joined TE because of market section. One colleague in office showed me creative EP 630 and I was blown away by them because before that only earphone I used to buy was 180 Rs Aiwa (new gen probably won't remember this brand). He told me he got from Te through a group order conducted by a member named GauravT. Since I was skeptical about online payment I went all The way till Dadar to pick up and pay.
From that time I made TE my second home :)

I have had over 70 successful deals with zero problems ever since i joined here. Marketplace has cooled down over the past two years though.
People are probably spending money more wisely, I used to upgrade components every other month but now i haven't added anything to the main system since the Corsair SSD in Jan '12 !

TE is a regular part of my life, and it's been a joy so far and the same can be said about the market section. To deal with people whom you can trust is one of the main factors, and therefore I'm careful about dealing with 'newish' members but I know that's just me to avoid the hassle!

Even more awesome used to be the GOs (Group Orders) from US sites, with so much follow up to be done and calculating Shipping costs as per invididual items and taxes if any.
All that effort for not a single extra rupee charges, sometimes even having to pay from pocket for CC charges, etc.

And then came along those who milked the term 'GO' till kingdom come. :|

Back