Does anyone here know any forums/groups where second hand musical instruments are sold?(Looking for a Korg Triton Extreme 61 or similar)

Rezep

Adept
(People who are musical geniuses, please help me!)

I was tasked with having to find this keyboard for a relative of mine and not much is popping up in my mind. I have sent a request to 2 groups on FB which have pretty good membership numbers. But just to be sure i don't just have 2 places to ask, i wanted to ask you guys whether you know of any such forum in india where musicians sell their old instruments.

The instrument in question here is this

KORG TRITON EXTREME 61
1592311051320.png

Now, looking at reviews and selling date of this keyboard, it is almost a decade old. Now here's the thing I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE when it comes to music instruments. I don't even know what the price of this was at retail and how much something like this might even go on the used market for. And i'm not certain at all as to what might be the next closest/identical keyboard to this since i have no clue.
I know that there are a few certain members here on techenclave who have more knowledge than me on this so i'm asking for your help :)

Thank you guys once again :D

I know that second hand audio equipment is bought and sold on HifiVision (India Forum) but not sure whether they allow selling musical instruments though. You can check Hifivision once.

I know that second hand audio equipment is bought and sold on HifiVision (India Forum) but not sure whether they allow selling musical instruments though. You can check Hifivision once.
Thanks for your suggestion man, i just looked into it and i don't really think i might be able to find someone selling something as specific as i need. I will probably hope for the best in the FB marketplace groups. I am still however not sure whether even finding a second hand synthesizer will be an easy task. Might look into a brand new one itself

I'm afraid that you probably won't be able to sell it in India for a decent price. It's a legendary keyboard. The software emulation VST costs 250 USD, I bought the vsti ( with some coupons)
For your reference to see how legendary this is ( I've never heard of this extreme version) if this thing is not a knock off, KVR is the only place ( or vi control forum) where you can sell it.
First check the authenticity, if not a knock off , you're sitting on a goldmine buddy...so sell it carefully and certainly not in Indian gear forums, most of the people there don't know the true value of this.
Post automatically merged:

Oh!! You are trying to buy!! Very difficult to find and will cost a lot. The emulation is about 99 percent close to the real thing. Buy that.

I'm afraid that you probably won't be able to sell it in India for a decent price. It's a legendary keyboard. The software emulation VST costs 250 USD, I bought the vsti ( with some coupons)
For your reference to see how legendary this is ( I've never heard of this extreme version) if this thing is not a knock off, KVR is the only place ( or vi control forum) where you can sell it.
First check the authenticity, if not a knock off , you're sitting on a goldmine buddy...so sell it carefully and certainly not in Indian gear forums, most of the people there don't know the true value of this.

Oh!! You are trying to buy!! Very difficult to find and will cost a lot. The emulation is about 99 percent close to the real thing. Buy that.
Yes indeed, after searching for quite some time all over the web it really does seem to be next to impossible to find one, let alone find it in karnataka and then get it shipped to the north east during this pandemic. I will check that software out tho, might just be the thing my relative would need.

Does bajaoo also sell second hand musical instruments?
No i don't think bajaoo sells second hand instruments, there is open box ones but nothing as big as a synthesizer.

Can i ask you just one more question? Looking at the VST on youtube, there seems to be only like less than 50 keys on it. This might be a really naive question but if i were to connect a 61 key MIDI keyboard to it, how would that work out?. My relative is considering to buy the software and plug in an MIDI keyboard which costs around 10k which seems to be the best option.

The 50 keys are just a visual representation. You can use a full 88 key midi keyboard with it ( in fact you can use 25/ 49/61/88 keys with it)
The vsti doesn't map the exact keys of your midi controller keyboard. You can always transpose octaves by pressing a single button on your midi keyboard.
While traveling I use a 25 key portable Arturia keyboard, and transpose octaves all the time.

Is your relative a professional musician or is it a hobby?
Don't buy it straight away, if possible, use the trial version first ( possibly has a 30 day demo)
If it fits his/ her workflow, then only buy it. It's a very expensive plug-in.

Does bajaoo also sell second hand musical instruments?
Triton is way out of Baajao's league. They only sell entry level instruments. Even Sweetwater doesn't have it.
I was really surprised by Rezep's post.

Last edited:
@Rezep What is the need for exact this model? Please ask your relative. Is he into music production? Or he wanna play live. Or somebody recommended him this synth over internet. There are many synths available in the market !
Sweetwater has one listing for it at $1200 in used products. But getting it here in India is almost impossible these days.
And if he is going thru VST route then invest in a good midi keyboard. A 49 key will do the job for music production. A 61 or 88 key will be needed if want to play live ( plus good quality speakers).

The guy/ girl must be in the music making business for a long time. A new keyboard player wouldn't know the name of this specific keyboard.
When I started playing live ( in early 90s) Trinity was the most sought after korg. Then possibly in 99 Korg upped the game with Triton.
Today's keyboard players are into modular stuff, they don't care about these things.
Whoever the person is, he/ she has great taste in music.
If he/ she's a teen-ager, I sincerely thank the person for keeping it real.
Most new age synth produce designer farts ( except u-he and the brilliant Omnisphere)
Personally I hate synths like Massive/ Spire/ Serum ( the worst!!)

Back