Budget 10-15K Does anyone still recommend/ use Nokia phones?

It's a hit or miss. I have 7+, proximity sensor, charging port, buggy software amongst others.
@vishalrao has 3.4. He has good experience with it.
@CapriAnupam also has 7+, also good experience. His brother also had 7+, bad experience (similar issue as mine).
I went to enquire about battery at Nokia care. I was quoted ₹2500 with only 1 month warranty. Decided to use it with degraded battery before selling it off.
Given the competition, their hardware is pretty much outdated.

Yep, can't speak about the service because never needed to use it so far.

My old Nokia 6.0 worked fine, the two 3.2 phones I got are mostly working fine but now replaced one with a mi 11x (used by mom) and plan to swap the other (used by aunt) for my current samsung m21.

Planning to get the moto edge 20 fusion next for myself.

I would have preferred to go with Nokia again (regardless of their higher prices and less VFM) but these days looking for OLED screen and large battery - which I dont think Nokia offers at the moment.

Seems like they will die off a slow death, like Sony Xperia, soon enough.

Sad...very sad. I am considering a phone for my mother-in-law. She had a Nokia One which she rather liked until it was stolen. Don't trust the build quality and longevity of the Chinese phones under 15k. Anyway, will look around a bit more I guess.

For that price you would only get a HD+ screen. If the picture quality is not too much of an issue, then Nokia would still be your best bet given the myriad options with other Android based OS could be overwhelming for her.

Your other alternative would be to take any Chinese phone, flash any stock Android based custom rom and you are good to go. That requires you/someone in family to be a bit tech savvy.

Last edited:
For that price you would only get a HD+ screen. If the picture quality is not too much of an issue, then Nokia would still be your best bet given the myriad options with other Android based OS could be overwhelming for her.

Your other alternative would be to take any Chinese phone, flash any stock Android based custom rom and you are good to go. That requires you/someone in family to be a bit tech savvy.
Picture quality shouldn't be an issue. Her concerns are only limited to FB, Whatsapp, youtube & talking on the phone. Will look at some of the available C something Nokia models.

Positive experiences in my family with Nokia 5.3 and 5.4. Good build quality, reliable and receives a security patch every month. Android 11 upgrade was delayed by almost half a year though, but at least it arrived stable and bug-free when it did. Don't know about service, as we thankfully haven't had to reach out.

I am still using Nokia 7 Plus, and it is still functioning really well. I have mostly had positive experience with my phone.

But yes, there are some issues which bother me. Like, there is the issue of having low sound from the receiver... specially when outside. I either have to use earphones, or have to talk on speaker when I am outside. That has been the main bother for me.

Nowadays, I am facing another peculiar issue of not getting notifications from some apps like Discord and Plato (a game/chat app), unless I stop them from running in memory. I did not face this issue earlier. Also, interesting to note is that I haven't been getting security updates or software updates from Nokia anymore since the phone is now older, so this must be caused by updates to apps, or must be an Android issue... not clear what.

I haven't had experience with their service yet, so I cannot say anything about their service... but my brother, when he was in Gurgaon, visited their service center and he had to wait a lot before they looked to his case, and they told him that he will have to leave his phone there for maybe 15 days, if I remember correctly. He was furious and left the center without giving them the phone. His phone had the charger port issue... otherwise the phone worked fine for him. But, now after that experience, my brother doesn't believe in buying Nokia anymore. He recently got himself a OnePlus phone and is pretty happy with it.

I personally would go for a Nokia phone again. I think their build quality continues to be excellent, which is a plus point. But yes, regarding the hardware they are providing at a given price range, it is a total let down.

But, for build quality, regular updates, and stock Android experience, I would still go for a Nokia.

It would be nice if people having new Nokia phones would share their experience here, in terms of software or hardware. Detailed experiences would be really helpful.

Sadly, Nokia phones are not featured much in the reviews either, like if I search for "best Android smartphone under 15000 (or any other price range)", only a few reviews mention the Nokia smartphones.

Really, they need to provide better hardware if they want to compete with other companies, specially Chinese ones. I don't know why they don't do it.

BTW, I will soon be posting new threads, because I have to look for phones to buy for my mother, and also for my friend (for who I posted a few months ago, but market has changed since then). I think I will go for Motorola or Samsung phones for them this time. Would've liked to go for a Nokia phone, but I think sadly, there isn't a good Nokia phone in the price of 10k-15k range. Right?

In the 10 to 15k range I'm sure you'll find a decent Nokia phone today but may not fall under your definition of good...

Even today the Nokia 3.2 which I got a couple of years ago for 8k are good enough for my senior citizen relatives albiet with lacking specs like 720p lcd and only 2.4ghz wifi etc but works plenty good for them...

My mom has been a Nokia user since the beginning. Currently she has the Nokia 3.4. The good thing is she has never needed any servicing for any of the Nokia phones and has been pretty happy with all of them. They just worked perfectly fine. One person's definition of good can be another's bad.

I think I will go for Motorola or Samsung phones for them this time.
If going for Samsung, do ensure to get a decent Exynos Soc based phone. While Samsung has improved the performance of their SoC's, considering your friend/mom would be using for atleast 3+ years, it would make sense to go for a midrange Soc than an entry level Soc. Keep a budget of 20k just to be on a safe side.

For your friend, if he's tight on budget then an entry level Samsung(M31 and above) or RN 10S would be appropriate.
I don't think Moto has any phone in 10-15k category. There was Moto fusion plus but it was huge and massive. There's G60 but that thing weighs like a brick with that gigantic screen. Good for content consumption, bad on the hands.
I think vishalrao's post on Nokia pretty much summarises it.

parents/senior citizen require less fuss/no nonsense phones , they hate to charge phones very often /they panic more with low battery ,they hate changing phones ,

So stock android and phone with high mah battery is suitable

So nokia and motorola fit in very well , but than xiaomi phone + using debloater and some stock launcher also does the trick try to get snapdragon phones so even after official support for os & security update stops you can go with custom roms which could easily extend the phones use time

Back