Does Bsnl offer unlimited d/l in night??

DuBudhi

Disciple
I have the home 500 plan...is there unlimited download from 2am to 8am?? :huh:
I searched the BSNL site but found nothing...
Just wanted to check...don't want to get punched when the bills come :p

Thanks in advance...

But be a bit careful. Or confirm how they charge. Cause in Pune Edition of TOI there were few complaints regarding the way they charge. They calculate the Free usage on the basis on Monthly usage or something. One guy had a Bill of 16K and he said he downloaded only between 2 to 8 like crazy...

Just verify or ask other members who have BSNL or try for 1 month with resonable downloads and check the billing...

make sure u download only between 2 to 8 ... and check ur uploads/downloads... i have a couple of friends here who browsed normally without downloading anythin much and still ended up witha bill of 5k :S keep proof at hand always :D

I have been using the plan since Oct 2005 and downloading between 2-8am like hell. So far I have never been overcharged for my downloads, relax and download :)

i think its like how it is with mtnl.. you have to switch off the router at 12 and ago start it to log into free downloading :D.. for which you wont be charged :)

but if ya forgot to switch it off at 12 or at 8 am then sometimes you are charged the whole amount you downloaded for thosee 8 hours.... so be careful in this aspect.... other then that i think bsnl is good :D

i`ve used the bsnl 500 scheme.. and i`ve downloaded like crazy within the free hrs but i`ve been charged only a max of 3k..

i had logs of daily usage from their own site...
after a lot of running around and explaining...
i figured one thing they are a bunch of fools sitting there and they know ABSOULTELY NOTHING ABOUT HOW THEIR OWN SYSTEM WORKS..

and i can support my arguments...
first i used it during the completely free period..
then they began to charge
so i used to schedule my dload managers to open at 2.15 and stop at 7.45
and even after this i got a bill of 3k..
so i opened the logs and checked ...
i pasted everything to excel and manually discounted those downloads whic happened to fall within the 2-8 bracket... then there were those sessions whic started at 1 and ended at 9 so for those few i used the law of kb and KBs and calculated the max speed to be 32 kb and made my 1 hr extra as a full 59mins and 60 secs of continous dloads and still i couldnt arrive at that 3k figure...

and i tried explaining it to those dumb***** and u wouldnt believe the explanation that i got...
"see let me tell u ... u dont know how much u r using... everything is a download.. u must have opened some site whic has heavy graphics .. so it`ll be more download ... bla bla.. and this kinda crap...."

i took my case all the way up to the technical head.. a very nice guy... of the bb div. went to the inet exchange and when i`d explain it to him he`ll say " u have good knowledge of the setup.. but i must verify... i can understand that there is something wrong ..."

imagine the final word that i got for my excess bills was "see... those sessions that start b4 2am and end anytime; and those sessions that start after 2 and end after 8am; will also be charged..."
so my only statement was... "i keep my connection on all the time but schedule my dloads to start only after 2 and end b4 8" why then did i get a bill of only 3k why not 10-15 k cause u should be chargin me everyday..."

bottom line they are dumb***** and u`ll have loads of probs wit their setup...

even the guys who come home to install the modem.. dont kno anything... when i took the connection there was that 500 rs installation...
i told them that i`ll be gettin a router myself and i`ll install it...
he says... nono.. we cant allow that... if u do something wrong.. it will spoil out setup... we only have to do it....
and wat does he do during the installation... plug the modem in.. go to dialup networkin.. say create new connection pppoe thing.. the brigded one.. and opens the dialup conn and gives a user id and pass.. thats it... for this 500 bucks... crap man... he doesnt even login to the router config page and do anything.... he`s hardly an electrician...

my advice to anyone.. take any u/l plan... and if possible avoid bsnl.. my choice airtel...

thixkull said:
i`ve used the bsnl 500 scheme.. and i`ve downloaded like crazy within the free hrs but i`ve been charged only a max of 3k..

i had logs of daily usage from their own site...
after a lot of running around and explaining...
i figured one thing they are a bunch of fools sitting there and they know ABSOULTELY NOTHING ABOUT HOW THEIR OWN SYSTEM WORKS..

and i can support my arguments...
first i used it during the completely free period..
then they began to charge
so i used to schedule my dload managers to open at 2.15 and stop at 7.45
and even after this i got a bill of 3k..
so i opened the logs and checked ...
i pasted everything to excel and manually discounted those downloads whic happened to fall within the 2-8 bracket... then there were those sessions whic started at 1 and ended at 9 so for those few i used the law of kb and KBs and calculated the max speed to be 32 kb and made my 1 hr extra as a full 59mins and 60 secs of continous dloads and still i couldnt arrive at that 3k figure...

and i tried explaining it to those dumb***** and u wouldnt believe the explanation that i got...
"see let me tell u ... u dont know how much u r using... everything is a download.. u must have opened some site whic has heavy graphics .. so it`ll be more download ... bla bla.. and this kinda crap...."

i took my case all the way up to the technical head.. a very nice guy... of the bb div. went to the inet exchange and when i`d explain it to him he`ll say " u have good knowledge of the setup.. but i must verify... i can understand that there is something wrong ..."

imagine the final word that i got for my excess bills was "see... those sessions that start b4 2am and end anytime; and those sessions that start after 2 and end after 8am; will also be charged..."
so my only statement was... "i keep my connection on all the time but schedule my dloads to start only after 2 and end b4 8" why then did i get a bill of only 3k why not 10-15 k cause u should be chargin me everyday..."

bottom line they are dumb***** and u`ll have loads of probs wit their setup...

even the guys who come home to install the modem.. dont kno anything... when i took the connection there was that 500 rs installation...
i told them that i`ll be gettin a router myself and i`ll install it...
he says... nono.. we cant allow that... if u do something wrong.. it will spoil out setup... we only have to do it....
and wat does he do during the installation... plug the modem in.. go to dialup networkin.. say create new connection pppoe thing.. the brigded one.. and opens the dialup conn and gives a user id and pass.. thats it... for this 500 bucks... crap man... he doesnt even login to the router config page and do anything.... he`s hardly an electrician...

my advice to anyone.. take any u/l plan... and if possible avoid bsnl.. my choice airtel...
lol seriously that is so damn mind****ing, these ppl come acting like theyre boss when they no jackshit..

Back